Homebrew OOT Hax red bottom screen.

godlover9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone (sorry if this seems like a repeat but I looked all over and no thread matched my specific circumstances).

I have been trying to run OOT3D hax on my 10.6.0_31U 3ds and used a friends 3ds running homebrew to install the save to the card. Whenever I load the save on my 3ds It appears to properly use the payload but then after that I get a black top screen and a red bottom screen.

Now before you go and tell me that I don't have the boot.3dsx file on my sd card, I have checked and double checked and it is indeed there on the root of my SD card. Is there anything I can do to get the hax to load the boot.3dsx? (I also redownloaded the file from smealums website and tried both the file from the kit and the stand alone file.

Any help will be appreciated :)
edit: here is what the root of my sd card looks like now:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-03-14 14-58-02.png
    Screenshot from 2016-03-14 14-58-02.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by godlover9000,

godlover9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running the oothax installer, your friend needs to input the console type and firmware version for YOUR 3ds, not his 3ds.
I was the one doing it on his 3DS and already made sure that it said new 10.6.0_31 USA. LIke I said it appears to have gotten past the payload part of the hax and seems to have failed to load the boot.3dsx (though it is clearly in that directory).

godlover9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try holding ABXY when starting OoT to nuke the save files then try installing oothax again.
I will try that. I will update you on how that works out.
edit: nope did not work out (also had my friend check at the same time that the version on my system settings matched the version selected for install). maybe the boot.3dsx is getting corrupted on download? maybe since I am on my linux partition right now linux does something that hurts the file? I'll post again in this thread if it works. thanks for trying to help me :D

Last edited by godlover9000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.