Hacking Oops, I did it again : NEW Mario DSi Xl Bricked ? R4 card,

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the subject of the topic isnt close to what im asking but oh well

Ive preordered a new Mario 25th anniversary edition DSi XL, and without thinking I got it for my mom. I have her setup on an R4 Card 1.4 (Red Box), when I did my order for the Blue DSi XL I was worried it may not work with my Super DsTwo card but I was told otherwise here that it was the same firmware and I lived happy ever after.

So my question is,

Ive preordered this system, is there a new firmware on the mario 25th. And does anyone have a fairly normal way of downgrading just in case

Thanks and help me out guys.

Cheers

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I understand now,

DSi XL Bronze, Burgandy, Blue
use 1.4 firmware,

1.5 Firmware is out now, which does not allow flash cards,

so isnt 1.5 installed on new systems

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Correction.

The latest update is still 1.4,where there was 2 1.4,the latest has improved AP...but most flashcarts have found a workaround already.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2 1.4 just curious what you mean

its an R4i flash card, red box, i also have a dstwo card
but its going on the R4i

I just read this

R4 SDHCBecome a FanSend Private MessageShoutbox
R4 SDHC .2 days ago | 174 views | 0 Syndication of R4 SDHC's Article: Nintendo 1.4.1 Update Fixes For Ds Flash Cards Read this article
Article Summary: Nintendo released a firmware update for the Nintendo DSi and DSi XL consoles in the middle of September 2010. This update blocked the functionality of most DS flash cards but some manufacturers have either released fixes or released information about when they will be available. This is a latest update as to their status.

Read more: http://technology.ezinemark.com/republish-...l#ixzz140vMvIU9
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Your Mario 25th anniversary edition DSi XL must have firmware 1.4.1. The R4 Card 1.4 (Red Box) isn't compatible with it.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not have the system yet, its released Nov. 7th/2010, I have a preorder on it.

Im assuming it has the newest firmware update. So in the worst case scenerio it does, just curious.

BTW --

You guys are great, I really appericate the discussion and fast replies. Its great to be able talk with community members who do the same stuff as me. Any and all of your replies are great. Thanks

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there

That doesnt make much sense, are you sure ?

I checked your profile , it says your 14 years old. Nothing wrong with that, I just want to make sure you do know your stuff. That seemed like a quick post for the sake of a post + 1. Which I hope is not what you are doing, as this really distracts and makes things difficult for people

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't matter what kind of DSi it is...it's all about the firmware it's in(as of now,probably forever)

DSTWO works on 1.4.1.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this is offical?

R4i Red box , supposely works with 1.4.1 u

DSTwo does not ive read now

but DSTWO does work and not R4 currently is what you are saying. And the last guy has written.

So this is case closed?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, your R4, most likely does not work with version 1.4.1 (newest firmware).
Supercard DS TWO however, will work with version 1.4.1.
Your DSi XL will probably come with version 1.4.1, meaning, the R4 will most likely not work, and the Supercard DS TWO will.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanx guys

i just wanted to apologize to dtrec it, hes obviously an intelligent member and contributes valuable information.

if he really is a teen, he's on his way to being greater than most. i excelled at age of 20, i ran and owned playeritems.com , uodepot, buyeqs. check ebay 17,000 feedback supporting uo eq ao swg.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
blackacidevil said:
thanx guys

i just wanted to apologize to dtrec it, hes obviously an intelligent member and contributes valuable information.

if he really is a teen, he's on his way to being greater than most. i excelled at age of 20, i ran and owned playeritems.com , uodepot, buyeqs. check ebay 17,000 feedback supporting uo eq ao swg.
Bro, a lot of the members here are much younger and smarter than you think.
Hell, I know a 10 year old you can disassemble and assemble a computer and as much as I'd like to know about it, I have no idea what the hell goes on inside it.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blackacidevil said:
thanx guys

What?
Any-who, when did you order your DSTwo? You might have to upgrade it yourself.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm only a year old
smileipb2.png

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Correction,

I am able to change the card, thats something that I believe a 2 year old can do. So Im not sure if I included this in the question, I wouldnt be on here if so.
a
To someone else, I was disassembling computers since I was 7 years, commodore, this is very easy compared to priority hardware systems like Wii/Xbox. In fact disassembling systems is very easy considering they are large in part, and things are even bigger now like video cards. Also everything today comes with instructions and its easy to find answers via the internet.

Anyhoo

I can update the R4i at anytime it didnt come flashed, its no biggie. I update mine all the timen

MR.2JZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blackacidevil said:
Well the subject of the topic isnt close to what im asking but oh well

Ive preordered a new Mario 25th anniversary edition DSi XL, and without thinking I got it for my mom. I have her setup on an R4 Card 1.4 (Red Box), when I did my order for the Blue DSi XL I was worried it may not work with my Super DsTwo card but I was told otherwise here that it was the same firmware and I lived happy ever after.

So my question is,

Ive preordered this system, is there a new firmware on the mario 25th. And does anyone have a fairly normal way of downgrading just in case

Thanks and help me out guys.

Cheers

Being my first post here, I thought I would help out the OP, and whoever else was looking for the information.

I just picked up my 25th Anniversary DSi XL today, and I can confirm (at least on my 25th) that the firmware is 1.4U.

Thinking I may need to get a new card (was gonna try the DSTWO card), I tried my old R4i (RedBox v.1.4) for the heck of it. I put in the card, fired it up, and the DS recognizes the card. Launched it from the DS dashboard, and it booted into the usual R4i setup. Proceeded to launch several games, and it worked.

Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality