chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Got my bill from SMCC today for the first semester.

with FAFSA already included in the bill, and add in my $500 scholarship, then remove the school's insurance, then I have to come up with $3,018.20
cry.gif

Oooh, maan...

I feel like I was ripped off: They never told me it would be this much! They made it sound like my FAFSA loans would cover it all!

So now if I don't come up with +$3,000 for just one semester by August 15th, or else there's no way I can go.

And to top it off, I sold my car to get this laptop for college. I thought I didn't need it since my job is on-campus, but now I see that my job won't come close to covering it...

This week just went down the toilet...and it's only Monday
cry.gif
hate2.gif

EDIT: I said $500 instead of $500 scholarship. I'm not THAT stupid to buy a laptop if that's all I have in the bank
tongue.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I don't know how you can come up with the money short of outside assistance... but if you sold your car and all you could buy with the money was a laptop, you did get ripped off in that respect.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I have the kind of junk people would pay hundreds of dollars for on ebay.

@gamesoul: Sure, rub it in!

At least i don't have to go back to high school! :shudder:

@sonicslasher:

You said that already, and I already told you SMCC is in the city AND my job's oncampus. Therefore, don't need a car.

If I can't pay for SMCC and I need to get a job, THEN I'd need a car since I am quite literally in the middle of nowhere.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what's sad, a good adviser told me to stay with community college that don't bust a hole inside your wallet.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Okay... it's starting to look better.

The lead security manager called and told me that I'd be working from 3PM to 11PM. Since only one day has a class that goes beyond 3PM, then hopefully I would be able to work 6 days out of the week, making $408 per week.

If I can convince them to let me pay a couple of months late, I'll be able to get my books and pay the bill. IF I can convince them
unsure.gif

They also have a plan that lets you pay in installments, but they add $40 per installment
blink.gif
. That really starts to add up!

Anyway, I think the heart attack I've been having for the past week is starting to die down.

Now I just skip a few beats every so often
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free