ROM Hack Ookami to Koushinryou

Foerthan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT(Nov 23 08): Yes, I'm still working on this. Please stop asking. Still looking for more translators, so if you know anyone who would be interested, please contact me. I'll add a bigger update after the week of Thanksgiving.

Script Dump - 100%
Script Translation - 1%
Image extraction - 0%
Image Translation - 0%
Editing - 0%

OokamiT1.jpg
OokamiT2.jpg

OokamiT3.jpg
OokamiT4.jpg

Special thanks to HernanZH for some information on the script insertion.

Foerthan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem found, first post updated to reflect this. Script dumping has started.

To the mods - May I now use this post as a progress thread? (If so, if you could please update the subtitle of the topic to reflect this. Also, new updates will be edited into the first post.)

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it will be hard to have the image extraction/translation separate. I find it more easy to extract an image, translate, and insert it back in, one at a time, rather than extract all of them, translate them separately, and inserting them all back again. (Just my thoughts and how I do my trans)
I remember I took apart this ROM and the script file was in an easy format. (It was a while back when Cphantom requested the trans) but I forgot by now XP
I'll look into it and I'll try to help you with anything I figure out.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
psycoblaster said:
I think it will be hard to have the image extraction/translation separate. I find it more easy to extract an image, translate, and insert it back in, one at a time, rather than extract all of them, translate them separately, and inserting them all back again. (Just my thoughts and how I do my trans)I'm not sure what you mean by this one, or why you start talking about this. But I think it's more approppiate to present a bulk of work to your translator, rather than giving him/her only one thing to do at a time. It's like giving your translator one line of text of a script each day.

QUOTEI remember I took apart this ROM and the script file was in an easy format. (It was a while back when Cphantom requested the trans) but I forgot by now XP
Define easy
tongue.gif
I remember it had sequential text, because all codes for loading images and stuff was between all the text, wich can make it pretty difficult. But if you can find out how to expand the text of one line, you're back on easy street
biggrin.gif
From what I read from the first post (though it's edited now), Foerthan figured it out.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HernanZh said:
psycoblaster said:
I think it will be hard to have the image extraction/translation separate. I find it more easy to extract an image, translate, and insert it back in, one at a time, rather than extract all of them, translate them separately, and inserting them all back again. (Just my thoughts and how I do my trans)I'm not sure what you mean by this one, or why you start talking about this. But I think it's more approppiate to present a bulk of work to your translator, rather than giving him/her only one thing to do at a time. It's like giving your translator one line of text of a script each day.

On the first post, it says
Image extraction - 0%
Image Translation - 0%
I just thought the "extraction" part was unnecessary
tongue.gif

I've just looked into the graphics, and the "main" japanese text I found were
title1.jpg

text.jpg

menu1.jpg

(photobucket doesn't support bmp??
frown.gif
)
Well yeah there were few more, but just like single letters, which I've just skipped by
smile.gif

HernanZh said:
I remember I took apart this ROM and the script file was in an easy format. (It was a while back when Cphantom requested the trans) but I forgot by now XP
Define easy
tongue.gif
I remember it had sequential text, because all codes for loading images and stuff was between all the text, wich can make it pretty difficult. But if you can find out how to expand the text of one line, you're back on easy street
biggrin.gif
From what I read from the first post (though it's edited now), Foerthan figured it out.
I've just looked into the script files and I've figured out I was thinking about a different ROM XP

offtopic:
I found a partial Korean translation patch for this o.O

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-Mew- said:
psycoblaster said:
I found a partial Korean translation patch for this o.O
TRANSLATE IT!!! ;_;
:3
Maybe
tongue.gif

I'm still looking for a good english rom to translate into Korean.
I'm thinking of mugen no frontier (Already started translating into korean)
but maybe I'll start on something else.

I probably can help Foerthan in the romhacking part for this if he needs help. But I won't translate the korean into english unless I have permission.

Foerthan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
On the first post, it says
Image extraction - 0%
Image Translation - 0%
I just thought the "extraction" part was unnecessary

Hah, well, in all honesty, I've been working on the script exclusively. I guessed that from the type of game it is, there would be a rather large amount of images needing to be translated, but if that's not the case, that's good. Currently, I'm the only one working on this. I wanted to get a few extra things done before I tried finding a translator for the project. At worst, I can (and will) finish the project myself, though at my level of Japanese it will take a LONG time, and probably not be entirely accurate. Anyways, things are going decently enough right now.

Screenshots added to the first post. Note that there is an untranslated line between the first and second screenshot, so that (other than my horrible translation) is the reason it seems to jump between topics.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for tending to be a thread necromancer with this thread, haha. I'm just curious though, does anyone know if this is still alive? It hasn't been updated at all.

Faguya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please continue the translation(i know easy speak than done) but just dont give up OK?
and... please coment, this forum started to have spider webs.So Old ... No one coment.

P.S.:YUPY MY FIRST COMENT!!!

Jacksonville

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also very interested in this project. I have connections to groups that would be more than willing to translate the script. Is it available for download somewhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1