Gaming Ontamarama

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
am i the only person who likes this game? it may seem kiddish, but some of the tracks on it > any EBA/Ouendan songs for me. I find this game very challenging and fun compared to some of the more over hyped releases, at points funner than EBA/Ouendan due to its quirky and unique style of gameplay. But all in all, i think its one of the more under rated games, heck ill probably remember in 20 years time over the amount of frustration and fun I've had playing game. It may seem kiddish and may be one of the games that give the DS "only for Kids" image but I'll probably spend more time playing this then I did Crysis and COD4.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
~~Music.. Makes the people.. Come together.. yeah....~~

For ontamarma :
~~Music.. Makes the people.. Run forever... Yeah....~

LAME MUSIC = NO GAMING QUALITY! (atleast on such games >.>)

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
nice game, but bit hard (when you have to look at two parts of the screen (one for buttons and one for stylus
wacko.gif
)

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the concept, but the character designs and music really sucked in my opinion. A new game with the same concept but more style and better music would be nice.

Chevreuse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
It makes good use of the D-pad for a rhythm game. The game's good actually, it's just that it's damn short. And try not to panic when you lost track of the ontamas and the supposedly pressed d-pad on the bar.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I play this game, for me it is more like I am reacting to the appearance of the ontama...

I think it would be a far better game, if the touching of the ontama would be in the rhythm too and not just the d-pad.

That`s why I don`t think it is good rhythm game. Ouendan for example is a real rhythm game. If you`re feeling the song and its beat you can master the song in any difficulty. In this game it is, as I already said, just a matter of reacting and a bit of rhythm-feeling, too.

It has potential but like this it is not recommendable...

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Ontama is too hard for me. I couldn't keep up the pace of the game, so I quit it
rofl2.gif

Not that I didn't find Elite Beat hard too, but it's at least much more enjoyable... although I like Ontama's graphics better, it lacks good-looking men -> Elite Beat delivers that to me
happy.gif

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this game is pretty fun but only problem is its hard to multi task..XD
looking at the notes and those ontamas thing is hard
but its a fun game

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Some people are crap at this game, myself including, and some are pretty pro at EBA/OTO.

I've gotten a lot of S Ranks on EBA/OTO on the hardest difficulty myself and I can not even come NEAR finishing Ontamarama on normal.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
When I play this game, for me it is more like I am reacting to the appearance of the ontama...

I think it would be a far better game, if the touching of the ontama would be in the rhythm too and not just the d-pad.

That`s why I don`t think it is good rhythm game. Ouendan for example is a real rhythm game. If you`re feeling the song and its beat you can master the song in any difficulty. In this game it is, as I already said, just a matter of reacting and a bit of rhythm-feeling, too.

It has potential but like this it is not recommendable...

Funny that you say that though... in Ouendan, if you are not skilled enough in circle markers you can pretty much forget about beating some songs, and the circle markers have ZERO rhythm to it and are quite frankly, extremely ridiculous and abusive to your touchscreen, I really hope Inis replaces them with something that at least makes some sense for the next EBA.

Ontamarama is a good game and a good concept but the songs are too low quality and aren't very nice, still, good rhythm games triumph even with crappy songs, some of the songs in some DDR games are repulsive even yet they are still fun to play because the game is good so that is no excuse to bash a rhythm game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs