ONM answers your New Super Mario Bros. Wii questions!

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
As promised, the gang at ONM have answered your New Super Mario Bros. Wii questions. This is round one of three, because between you guys and the comments at ONM, there were a ton of questions! You can check out a few questions and answers below, but make sure to click over for the full piece.

Q: If playing with only two players, can you play as Toad?

A: Player two can play as Toad but Player one will always be Mario. Any other players who join can choose from Luigi or one of the two Toads.

Q: Is there any playable characters other than Mario, Luigi and the two Toads? I was kind of hoping for a wide variety.

A: No.

Q: How many hours will it take to finish for a person who is fairly decent at platformers?

A: It took me around six hours to complete, but that was blitzing through it and not collecting the Star Coins. That will easily add another seven or eight hours to the proceedings, because you'll obviously have to play through most of the levels again and some of the coins are in really awkward.

Part 2

QUOTEOur friends at ONM have put together their second round answered questions that were submitted by you guys. Looks like we have a couple of answers that directly dispute things we've been hearing. Last we heard from Kotaku, the death-pause had been removed from the game, and the latest issue of Nintendo Power discussed Nunchuk use. According to our friends at ONM, neither of those bits of information are correct.

Q: Is the game Nunchuk compatible? I hate the D-pad.

A: No.

Q: Are there any features/secrets/surprises that we don't know about?

A: Absolutely. One in particular is fantastic but I can't spoil it. Experts will appreciate it though.

Q: How long will it take to beat the game with one person playing and are there any worthwhile unlockables to go replay the levels again? I personally didn't find the reward of collecting all of the Star Coins to be worth it.

A: Well, trust me, it'll be worth it this time.

Q: Is the pause when character dies gone?

A: No, the pause is still there. However, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be in my opinion. It's understandable that when watching the videos it seems like it would be annoying, but when playing it's actually useful. It only takes one or two occurrences of it to get used to the timing, and from that point on it becomes handy for two reasons: it lets you know what's going on elsewhere on the screen without you having to take your eyes off your own action, and it gives you a split second to plan your next move. Once you get the timing right, it doesn't throw you off your stride, as many are assuming it will. Say you were running and about to jump when someone takes a hit: if this happens it's perfectly easy to still do the jump as the action resumes since the timing is very easy to learn. The knee-jerk reaction from the internet is that it's a bad, even game-breaking feature, but it's actually the opposite.

Sources: Part 1
Part 2

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. But the game should have more playable characters instead of just Luigi and Toads. It should have unlockable characters, which have their specific traits and skills. Like Wario can become metal Wario and his ground pound is twice as powerful as Mario's, etc.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Raika said:
Cool. But the game should have more playable characters instead of just Luigi and Toads. It should have unlockable characters, which have their specific traits and skills. Like Wario can become metal Wario and his ground pound is twice as powerful as Mario's, etc.

They probably couldn't handle it
clicky

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:

clicky

The fact is they could've added Peach, it would just take more time and effort. Seriously, it's only a dress. I think they're rushing it for the holidays, plain and simple.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:

clicky

The fact is they could've added Peach, it would just take more time and effort. Seriously, it's only a dress. I think they're rushing it for the holidays, plain and simple.

Yup. They just want the money.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Guild McCommunist said:
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:

clicky

Same as all company's :/

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
deanxxczx said:
Guild McCommunist said:
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:

clicky

Same as all company's :/
At least nearly all companies put enough effort into something considered common sense, not get lazy and make two multicolored Toads...

D

Deleted_171835

Gaah! Nintendo doesn't deserve my money with this Peach-less, multicoloured toad game. I'll pirate this....*kevlar bullet resistance vest put on*

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
They still could have put in peach with a sort of dress which doesn't need to flow, then again it's nintendo out for a quick buck.
Also if they had peach, they could have the option for Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, etc.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Milon.jpg

''Dear Nintendo Power editor, What the fuck is your problem?''​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum