Hacking only one USB port works with GX loader, even though its NOT broken

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
in GX loader settings, i already setted "BOTH" usb ports to be detectable, but only "USB 0" port works with GX loader (the bottom one).

as for "USB 1" port (the upper one) it just NEVER works with GX loader for some reason, though it works fine with nintendont so its definitely not broken,

the previous owner of my wii has "d2x-v10beta53-alt" installed in slot 249, which i've been told to replace as its a bad IOS, but i'm unable to do so because the Modmii server is broken so it could not fetch "d2x v10 r2" which is what i need. of course thats assuming the USB port problem originated from the bad IOS; so can someone tell me if its the bad IOS's fault or if its something else alltogether?

ps: i needed both usb ports because i need 2 usb drive plugged in, one in fat32 for gamecube games, and one in WBFS for wii games.

thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in GX loader settings, i already setted "BOTH" usb ports to be detectable, but only "USB 0" port works with GX loader (the bottom one).

as for "USB 1" port (the upper one) it just NEVER works with GX loader for some reason, though it works fine with nintendont so its definitely not broken,

the previous owner of my wii has "d2x-v10beta53-alt" installed in slot 249, which i've been told to replace as its a bad IOS, but i'm unable to do so because the Modmii server is broken so it could not fetch "d2x v10 r2" which is what i need. of course thats assuming the USB port problem originated from the bad IOS; so can someone tell me if its the bad IOS's fault or if its something else alltogether?

ps: i needed both usb ports because i need 2 partitions, one in fat32 for gamecube games and one in WBFS for wii games.

thanks so much for your help!
No u don't need 2 partitions put it all on fat32 1 partition

Reactions: jeannotte

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thanks, i read an old thread here on the 2 partition thing, guess its not needed anymore.

i'd still like to fix that port though, if only i can get my hands on "d2x v10 r2" then i'd know if it can fix the usb port problem or not, but modmii couldn't retrieve the last batch of updates for me so there's nothing i can do.....is there a place where i can download d2x v10 r2 standalone so i can install it manually?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i read an old thread here on the 2 partition thing, guess its not needed anymore.

i'd still like to fix that port though, if only i can get my hands on "d2x v10 r2" then i'd know if it can fix the usb port problem or not, but modmii couldn't retrieve the last batch of updates for me so there's nothing i can do.....is there a place where i can download d2x v10 r2 standalone so i can install it manually?
To convert games use Wii Backup Manager

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
to use USB Port1, you need compatible IOS :
- hermes cIOS v4 or v5.x
- d2x v9 beta
- d2x v10-alt
- IOS58

hmm so i guess this means USB port 1 cannot be used by GX loader unless all those aforementioned "plugin" is installed. i don't have hermes cIOS or d2x v9 beta installed so i guess this explains why.

smeghammer

Afaik you can only run a drive through the bottom port. I'm not sure why this is, but that's what i've always learned from tutorials. My drive would never work in the top port, but always the bottom one.

well that's it then i guess.

Last edited by blueagent004,
Reactions: Alexander1970

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

@blueagent1999

Just an info:

You can connect the external hard drive to port 1 of the Wii, with USB LOADER GX, but you have to install the other version of the "" CIOS D2X 53 "", then set USB LOADER GX for it to work (not recommended solution ).

I do not suggest it.

Regards Jeannotte

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)