Hacking Only boots to PriiLoader v.30

Interex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my wii in a while so I boot it up and it is a black screen with white writing v4.3 in the lower right corner so I turn it off hold down power and reset and get loaded to a priiloader screen. when I select homebrew it loads but there are no options to select just blue background with the bubbles. I couldn't find a sdcard that I originally used so I have a new one that is blank. I read several posts and I am completely lost, is there a way to just reinstall it back to normal by only having access to priiloader screen?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the last thing you did with the console? Does it mention Opera on the screen with the menu version?

If you can get Priiloader to work then don't try to change anything yet. At least you still have a chance of fixing it currently.

The HBC with just the bubbles means it didn't find any homebrew in the /apps folder.

Interex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the last thing you did with the console? Does it mention Opera on the screen with the menu version?

If you can get Priiloader to work then don't try to change anything yet. At least you still have a chance of fixing it currently.

The HBC with just the bubbles means it didn't find any homebrew in the /apps folder.
I was able to get to bootmii where it gives me the option of install homebrew and uninstall homebrew, I think if I can get the right files on the sd card I can get it fixed. My brother had it and just told me he tried to mod it with a bomber file whatever that current way to mod it... even though I had it missed already. I used to be able to hold power and reset and get bootmii menu, now it just load to priiloader... the sd card I have has been formatted and is blank...i just need to find the files I need to put in the sd card to install....it has been over 4 years since I've done this so I just need to educate myself. What tutorial do you recommend I read

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was able to get to bootmii where it gives me the option of install homebrew and uninstall homebrew, I think if I can get the right files on the sd card I can get it fixed. My brother had it and just told me he tried to mod it with a bomber file whatever that current way to mod it... even though I had it missed already. I used to be able to hold power and reset and get bootmii menu, now it just load to priiloader... the sd card I have has been formatted and is blank...i just need to find the files I need to put in the sd card to install....it has been over 4 years since I've done this so I just need to educate myself. What tutorial do you recommend I read
To load BootMii you need the BootMii files on the SD. They're automatically created when you install BootMii so you could just install that again.
If you have a BootMii NAND backup that's certainly an easy way to fix it. If not then things get a bit more complicated. If you can figure out what the actual issue is it's a lot easier to fix it. Maybe reinstalling the system menu WAD will fix it but make sure you use the same version you already have. As a last resort if all else fails, you can generate a clean NAND with ohneschwanzenegger, but you'll lose everything on the Wii.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted the link to the BootMii files for him. Another good thing would be to run SysCheck if possible and post the .csv file contents (in spoiler tags) to see if maybe it's a botched region change or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad