Only 1 game works at a time with WBFS manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Skelzy, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009
  1. Skelzy
    OP

Newcomer Skelzy Newbie

Canada
    I'm using WBSF manager 3.0 with usb loader 1.5 using a 16gb thumb drive.

Adding one game to the empty drive works and loads fine, and takes around 15 minutes. When I try to add another game, it seems to work fine, and takes only 2 or 3 minutes. When trying to launch the second game, I get an exception and code dump, the game refuses to load. The same goes for any more games added. I tried with another game starting with an empty drive, it took 15 minutes and worked perfectly. What could be going wrong here?

Thankyou.

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Maybe your ISOs are corrupt. A 3-4gb game only takes me about 10 minutes max using WBFS Manager. Most average games (2gb) only take about 4 minutes, so unless you're adding Super Smash Bros, or your computer is slow, it shouldn't take 15 minutes. Maybe try right clicking the ISO and checking the properties to see if it reads "size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)."

Have you verified that all your games work using any method of launching? Have you tried swapping the order of the games to see if it really is a problem with adding the second game? Is is always the same game that only takes 2-3 minutes, and if so how large is the ISO?

3. jarock

Member jarock GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    What make is your 16gb drive. Have you tried maxing the drive space out via your pc.
    Copy files to your drive and see if it corrupts. This quick copying is not limited to WFBS manager. Windows will do the same if the drive is giving false information. ie your drive could be either:

1. Not really 16gb, shown as 16gb but in fact maybe 8gb or less. Where did you get your drive?
    2. Faulty

I don't think it's anything to do with WBFS Manager or your ISO's.

4. Spidy1000

Member Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Also, make sure u connect the pen-drive/stick to an usb 2.0 connector on the PC

5. Skelzy
    OP

Newcomer Skelzy Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the replies, the Iso's are not the problem, so yeah it must be the drive, I got it from china and its basically a no name. It registers at 15.2 or so gb's but I'll test it out now.

6. Skelzy
    OP

Newcomer Skelzy Newbie

Canada
    Ok, when I try to directly paste an Iso of around 4 gb, it says the file is too large for the destination, but the drive still reads as 15.9, is this a fixable problem?

EDIT: nevermind it was formatted as Fat32 which aparantly only supports 4 gb? exFat is now working as a 15.9gb device, but my problem still persists...

7. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try filling the card up.
    chances are if its a no name chinese card, its a smaller card modified as bigger, you should get corruption issues after the true size.

ebay is littered with these cards.