LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
witcher2-300x209.jpg

OnLive, after not making any major announcements for several months, made a big one yesterday. Not only did they announce that “The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition” is now available on the OnLive service, but they have announced that those gamers, who purchase it for OnLive, will get a free digital download copy of the game via GOG.com.

FUCK YEAH! I was getting worried there. I'm glad to see OnLive back in the game! Those of you who could care less about the OnLive copy of this game should at least consider buddying up with a OnLive user and going in half and half for the purchase

Sauce: http://onlivefans.com/news/2013/03/01/the-witcher-2-comes-to-onlive-with-free-digital-download-copy/

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not only did they announce that “The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition” is now available on the OnLive service, but they have announced that those gamers, who purchase it for OnLive, will get a free digital download copy of the game via GOG.com.
So in other words CD Projekt has just extended the same deal they offer for any kind of Witcher 2 purchase?

I don't really see anything special with this, it's the exact same thing that they allowed with retail, Steam & Origin copies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already played The Witcher 2 on Xbox and I wasn't entirely fond of it.

I like OnLive and the tech it offers is rather impressive but even I can't say they're sailing smoothly. If this is really the first game release in a while for them then there's a lot of turmoil. Also one of their biggest supporters (THQ which brought most of their games to the service) is dead.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already played The Witcher 2 on Xbox and I wasn't entirely fond of it.

I like OnLive and the tech it offers is rather impressive but even I can't say they're sailing smoothly. If this is really the first game release in a while for them then there's a lot of turmoil. Also one of their biggest supporters (THQ which brought most of their games to the service) is dead.

There's still Square Enix (we get most of their western focused games) and 2K. Is OnLive on life support, yes. Consider this, they did close shop and re-opened shop within ONE day and has managed to keep everything mostly afloat over the past few months. With that transition in mind, I think that they are doing a fair job.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol as if anyone who uses onlive would have a good enough PC to run a real version of the Witcher 2. :rofl:

Choices bruh! People like to have the ability to have that. Like I said earlier, a set of friends can pay for a copy together and split the spoils. I'm trying to get my best buddy to do that with me. I have an awesome connection but a crummy PC and he has the reverse. Not to mention my Wii comes first so I'd rather have my PS/360 style games in the cloud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte