OnLive does a lot of sales that end on the fourth -@ 10 pm PST

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Jul 3, 2011.

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Hey everyone! If you were wondering if you should get an OnLive account, NOW would be the time. There are four sales going on.

Developer's Sale:
    Certain games have been marked down I just got "Batman: Arkham Asylum" for 9.90 last night. Other games in this sale include...

Homefront - 37.49
    Alpha Protocol - 20.09
    Aliens vs Predator - 13.39
    Darksiders - 13.39
    Ghostbusters - 9.99
    Just Cause 2 - 9.99
    MX vs ATV Reflex - 13.39
    Saw - 9.99
    Red Faction Guerilla - 13.39

Indy Sale:
    All indy games have been marked down from $2.50 - $5.00

Playpack Sale:
    If you buy the OnLive Playpack (think of it like Netflix instant streaming/ 60+ games for 9.99) you get a code for FREE game (ANY game) of your choice (not including games in preorder status, codes for free games are given out on Tuesday.)

New Members Sale:
    The way this is SUPPOSED to work is that new members get to use the 50% off code on their first purchase and everyone else gets to use the 30% off code. The way it really works is the 50% off code works for everyone one time only and the 30% of code can be used multiple times until the end of the sale.

50% off code: NEWMEMBER50

30% off code: 4JULY30

These codes CAN NOT be used with games that are already on sale.

For the official stuff just head to
    http://www.onlive.com

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    that's tempting but my PC and PS3 work fine, i don't really think there's enough support behind the service and i don't have a need for it

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    OnLive is my secondary home platform (my Wii being #1) so I'm happy about this sale.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Still would rather use Steam, at least I can play the games if something happens to my connection.

Oh and the games are a lot cheaper on there, newer games too, have you seen the latest offers? Everything Valve has done for £25! Some publishers are currently doing huge packs for a price of one game.

I just find the service to be unsavoury, I'm not a huge fan of downloadable games but at least they're on my HD.

5. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    I dont hve a high end PC nor the money to start upgrades to my PC so OnLive is perfect for me. I'm not that big into HD Twins style gaming (which is why I chose to have my Wii as my main platform) but there are a few games I wanted to play so I'm sticking with OnLive for that reason.

6. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I would totally go for OnLive, if only my net speed was better...

7. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    What is your speed? I have a 5mb/s connection but its been proven that dropping the screen resolution of your PC can help with connection issues. A quick note, the minimum required speed is 3 mb/s

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I wonder, have you tried their "TV console" connection setup? I might consider it...

9. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    I DO have a Micro Console

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it's sitting between my Wii and Dreamcast! [​IMG] I love gaming from the Micro Console but my ISP can be a bunch of beotches during the day time so, anytime between 9am and 10pm (when I want to game OnLive) I tend to game from the desktop in my living room. The Desktop is connected through Ethernet and connected to a SDTV so the mix of low resolution and a wired connection makes for easier playing during the day. With all of that said, gaming from my Micro Console. It's a much better experience overall. I also use my wired, black 360 controller when I'm gaming on OnLive. That controller was purchased after I took those pictures. OnLive is growing and personally I think it's a viable platform. One last thing. the Micro Console is 99 dollars but if you were around during E3, OnLive was giving away freebies for buying any game $10.00 and above so I basically purchased "Red Faction: Guerrilla" for $19.99 and got the console for free! [​IMG]

10. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Lol at Hello Kitty Controller

11. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Yes, I love mah Hello Kitteh =[​IMG]= ! Too bad I don't have my Hello Kitty Easter basket anymore :/

12. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sadly, I dont even get 3 mb/s. I pay for 20MB connection -.-
    Funny how the world is advancing in technology, but certain things are shit as its always been.

My area isnt cabled, hence my net speed depends on how far the telephone extension is from here.

FUCK, I have never lived in a area in London that was cabled. In LONDON CITY! I wonder how it is in other areas -.-