Hardware Online retailers that ship to Asia (Taiwan)

Punx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Does anyone have any good recommendations for online retailers who ship to Asia, specifically Taiwan?

I'm looking for NTSC-U versions of hardware/games. The one I currently use is play-asia.com but some of their prices are ridiculous! Have tried Amazon but some products are unable to be shipped internationally. Had a quick browse of Frys Electronics, but unsure of their shipping stances.

Can be a pain buying English version products here... there was a shop that sold 3DS US version that I bought from, but due to lack of demand they stopped stocking US version games shorty after. The locals prefer JAP versions for some reason.. I would've thought English versions would be more in demand since there's an English language school every few meters, but that's not the case :(

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can help you ship it to Taiwan if you want (I'm Taiwanese). Here US postal charges $48 (flat rate) for 2-3 days medium box priority shipping to Taiwan. Medium box should be plenty to fit a 3DS console and some 3DS games.

As for retailers I know Overstock.com ships internationally.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This might be useful:
http://www.bargainist.com/deals/2011/07/the-best-websites-offering-international-shipping/

I personally use overstock and eBay. Be careful with eBay though, it can be risky.

BTW, just curious. Why do you want a NTSC-U/C set? It lacks a lot of content compared to Japan, and you can just take a ship to Okinawa and buy from there/ship from Japan since you are in Taiwan.

Punx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks for the info, will check out those sites, or may contact you trumpet-205 if I need to trouble you for help :)

I'm after NTSC-U because I want English language games. Since the 3DS is region locked getting the Japanese versions are not an option :(

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for the info, will check out those sites, or may contact you trumpet-205 if I need to trouble you for help :)

I'm after NTSC-U because I want English language games. Since the 3DS is region locked getting the Japanese versions are not an option :(
I understand, but you should pick up a Japanese set as well (if possible). That region has a huge load of content and if you understand Chinese you can tackle Kanji quite easily.

Punx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Heh, believe me, if I could read Chinese, I would! Unfortunately, I never listened to my mama when she told me to learn... so all I can read is some menu items like "beef fried rice", "fried chicken", "hands off the girls", etc.

Ever since the SNES scene days I've seen some amazing J games but were unable to play them....

After checking some sites/info looks like a 3DS XL shipped is gonna cost between $250-299 US.. ouch!

Reactions: 1 person

Punx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I think so yeah. The price for US customers is much cheaper than for overseas ones (not including shipping). The listed price for Taiwan customers is US $290 :blink:
Would be nice to play on an XL, but might just drop my cash on the Wii-U later on...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think so yeah. The price for US customers is much cheaper than for overseas ones (not including shipping). The listed price for Taiwan customers is US $290 :blink:
Would be nice to play on an XL, but might just drop my cash on the Wii-U later on...
Lucky Taiwan. They use 110V electricity. You can buy a Wii U straight from Japan/USA with no hassle.

For us, our shitty importer aka MAXSOFT (maxshit) would just bring over US consoles, take out the club Nintendo docs, switch the power brick and charge exorbitant amounts for the console. Since they don't sell the power brick separately, you can't order from Japan/USA unless you use a step down transformer.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You also mentioned on some 3DS games. What games are you interested? Let me see if I can calculate a price for you.

Punx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ahh thanks but I'm ok for games right now.. nothing out that I really want. Just waitin on Paper Mario, Luigi, Animal Crossing etc..
But as for the console, think I'll hold off until its more easily available/cheaper.... but will prob save my $$ for the Wii U instead.

Thanks for your help, will contact u if I change my mind!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls