Online play on region changed Korean Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jory4u2nv, Sep 7, 2010.

Sep 7, 2010
  1. jory4u2nv

Newcomer jory4u2nv Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hi guys,

I have a few questions about my Wii. I've remodified my console due to suggestions from other GBAtemp users and all is well. (My console was bought already soft modified with a wiiflow channel and NO homebrew channel and the region/language has been changed from korea to US). All of the games that I've downloaded and added to my HDD are working though some games are required to force video modes or change IOSes.

Now yesterday I tried to connect my Wii to my router and it was able to connect successfully (I didn't accept the prompt to perform a system update). I played tatsunoko vs capcom and tried to connect online using nintendo wifi connection. After the game has connected there was a small window that said "downloading" then after a few seconds it disappeared.

My question is, is it safe for me to play online using my korean wii? Because I know that updating my system to 4.3 will brick it and there is no fix for that yet. My wii is less than 2 weeks old and I don't want to break it specially because my kids and wife play as well. Also I have installed priiloader and have activated block disc/online updates so I was surprised when I got the prompt to install the system update and when tatsunoko vs capcom was downloading something.

Off topic question: When I remodified my wii the guide that I followed had me install wanikoko rev 19. I want to play Wiiware games on my wii and I've heard that Triiforce is not compatible with rev 19. What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!