Hardware Online $17.50 -$26.50 allegedly

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There needs to be more than just Super Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon to make me spend money for online regardless of the cost. It also requires you to have another device in order to have voice chat. They really need to step it up to convince me it's worth it.

P.S. whoever keeps whining about no voice chat being censorship. Please look up what censorship actually means before you embarrass yourself further.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pay monthly for my dumb Playstation 4, and I don't even use voice chat on that. So again that whole argument is lost on me. For me, voice chat has nothing to do with what I'm personally paying for monthly.

Voice chat is free on PS4. It works with or without PS plus.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On principle, I don't use subscription-based services. When I can help it, I only pay money for things that have resale value. In the case of online play for the Nintendo Switch, anything over $0.00 is too much for me.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's free
Just like games?
On principle, I don't use subscription-based services. When I can help it, I only pay money for things that have resale value. In the case of online play for the Nintendo Switch, anything over $0.00 is too much for me.
Do you subscribe to an ISP or cell service? I know someone who still uses smoke signals. Whatever works for you.

Last edited by thorasgar,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing to complain about, people have been acting ridiculously entitled with the Switch. For some reason $300, literally one of the cheapest launch prices for a console of all time, is too expensive. $20 a year for online, potentially even less its not official yet, is too much even though the competition is 4x the cost. Where were these people when Sony raised their online price a few months back? Controllers are too expensive even though thats what the competitions controllers cost.

I don't know what happened but its like everyones been living in some alternate reality where this is the first game system ever created.

4x20=80 =/= 60

Idk anything about xbox, but PS Plus is is 60. It was 50 for a long time. You can bet Nintendo will raise the price eventually, too.

Also, I don't remember the ps4 controllers ever being over 60.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you subscribe to an ISP or cell service? I know someone who still uses smoke signals. Whatever works for you.
In other words, internet and cell services are necessities. Online play on the Switch is not.

Reactions: thorasgar

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I m glad that I never used online ever. Never missed online at all. I am fine with myself or against my friends at their house or our house. No problem. :) Save money is a wise spend!

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am still of the any amount is too much persuasion, at least not without some serious incentives beyond you can play games, but at least they put the crack pipe down for a few minutes when it came to pricing.

Hopefully we can tunnel/VPN local.

Paid online means better servers, i'm down

It has been how many years now and they still have not got an online system people would classify as good. It is not like they are some startup going from investment level to investment level either.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Potentially the cheapest thing in regards to this console.
So true. lol

Oh, look, anyone who doesn't agree with someone's viewpoint is a fan boy. Such constructive conversation. :rolleyes:
Talk about constructive criticism, all you've done with this comment was just make a nonsensical point.

I m glad that I never used online ever. Never missed online at all. I am fine with myself or against my friends at their house or our house. No problem. :) Save money is a wise spend!
Same.

Reactions: spotanjo3
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Not bad at all. I expected at least $30 a year. I regularly spend more than $2/month just on parking for a half a day somewhere.
- "Free" rental games
- Voice chat on smartphone
- *Maybe* a better online service

Half-assed online service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end