One Piece Unlimited Cruise PAL problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Blady-kun, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009
  1. Blady-kun
    OP

Newcomer Blady-kun Member

Greece
    Im not sure if i should make this thread here, if im wrong please prompt me to where and delete the thread.
    I got the game one pal (ofc from torrents) and tried it but it wont start.
    I have a soft-modded wii with neo-gamma channel, the newest one with IOS update rev.10 and have tried just about all i can think
    changed the settings(language/force video mode on PAL etc)
    re-wrote the dvd just in case
    updated with several of the newest IOS
    tried it on other Backup Launchers

the screen will just turn black after the loading and the known "disk cannot be read properly" and just stays like that. Any advise on the matter? Ive considered the possibility of a faulty ISO but how can I deternine that? Or is there some other catch to this? Moreover has anyone actually tested and played it properly?

2. Blady-kun
    OP

Greece
    Ok, i tried again after dling from another source just in case it was a faulty iso and its the exact same thing. cmon guys someone mustve played this in some way!

3. TrainerAbu

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a question for this game too so I'll ask it in this topic olol ;D

If I run this on my NTSC Wii, it won't have Progressive Scan since the game is PAL, right? =(

4. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well dunno if its the same bug as with the first US game ...

did you ever try change the forced langauge ?
    when i want to play the first One Piece game which didn't come out in Europe i had to set the gamma loader to forced English

----

well just read u tried changing langauge ... hmm ...

did you try to load the game via usb loader yet ?

5. Blady-kun
    OP

Greece
    No, I havent tried to play this on the usb loader. In fact Im having some issues with installing the usb loader altogether and didnt want to get into that.

Ok, i will give every piece of info i can.

Recently I made the horrid mistake of updating through the wii and not through any other hacking means. This ofc brought me to the realization that my wii was unable to do lots of stuff and wanted to downgrade. I tried downgrading with the 1st guide i had(this) but some steps were not possible i assume due to the update which fucked up everything. So I went through with the downgrade but didnt do it from scratch because i didnt want to lose my saves. I got back to 3,2 and did every IOS update i could find plus the rest of the hacking steps from the guide(starfall/ios update/etc) and everything seemed to be just as it was before. Until I tried One Piece Unlimited Cruise.
    and today I even tried another code R PAL and that resulted in the same message "disk cannot be read"....but this one at least let me go until the main menu....

so gbatemp...am I fucked? Is this a case of partly-bricked wii? if so then i guess formating from the system is the only solution. But since every other game plays normaly I am compelled to think something else is going on. I ask for help on this matter and youre the only ones capable enough to find what the hells wrong. If you need any other info post here.

6. bnui_ransder

Newcomer bnui_ransder Member

United States
    I am having this same problem except...... I played until everyone was reunited with Luffy... (about 6 minutes of playing) and the error "disc could not be read" popped up. Now.... when I try and load One Piece it doesn't even go to the remote warning screen. Immediately after using neogamma it says the disc could not be read.

Didn't change anything at all between it working and not working. Maybe this game breaks Wii's.