Gaming One Piece Romance Dawn Translation Project

2012Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok sending it to you if you can find anything inform me ^^ btw im sending and the original one so u can compare them both ^^
Ok... tried REPACKING your edited file.... it hangs & crash... I repacked another original (no edit) and it works... check ep0000.pac (both-edited&original) & compare... found out something.... it has to do with the values. I'll post an image later with descriptions.

buddy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Take your ISO use UMDgen and open it with it and USRDIR.
Extract Common.pac and ace.pac and what else was changed.
and what else do i do after extracting it ??
will it work without having the original files romstar ?
sorry i 'm a bit wandering now. XD

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and what else do i do after extracting it ??
will it work without having the original files romstar ?
sorry i 'm a bit wandering now. XD
No you obviously need an untouched ISO. If you don't have on this won't work.
Then you have to get yourself a new untouched ISO or get somehow the files you modified.

buddy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, it's too bad..
do you have the original files (common.pac, common2.pac, endroll.pac, ace) anyway ?
it makes me sick to download it from beginning again. -_-"

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
oh, it's too bad..
do you have the original files (common.pac, common2.pac, endroll.pac, ace) anyway ?
it makes me sick to download it from beginning again. -_-"

(Pssst heads up. Do not EVER talk about downloading ISOs here. EVER)

Yes, it would be a shame if you had to RE-RIP THE ISO FROM YOUR OWN UMD. It does take a while but it's worth it.

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ONE PIECE ROMANCE DAWN GERMAN PATCH

Hello guys,

i am working on a german translation for One Piece Romance Dawn, based on the work of the english translation.
I want to show you my results right now, feel free to test it or maybe give feedback what i could do better if you have the time. :)
This patch is not as far as the original patch, i can only work on it in my free time and i am doing this project alone, but I do my best.

I don't know if i should open my own thread for this, so i will "start" posting my work here.

The installation is the same as before, and right now you only need to overwrite the common.pac data.

DOWNLOAD
BUGS
The same as on the original patch (maybe a few more?)​

JohnyM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice i steel luck the knowlegde to see what the hell is wrong with my progress about the story :( ill try to make the movies with subtitles through in some time :P (cause i have finals in my college this time of the year)

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think i have fixed the blackscreen/dissappearing text bug in Warehouse and Shop.
I have shorten every text that appears in the "bug sections" to a minimum, so that every person knows what to do or what it is.
I want to cut every word in the Workshop menu, but i really don't know what the meaning of "Synthetic" is, in german it means something like Kunststoff, that make no sense to me.

Here are some pictures:

SHOP
pic0001c.png

pic0000b.png

pic0009m.png

pic0002a.png

pic0003cq.png

pic0005s.png

WAREHOUSE
pic0010o.png

pic0011q.png

pic0012n.png

pic0014g.png

pic0016v.png

pic0015m.png

Maybe someone want to try that on his own, maybe it's just working on my savegame.

DOWNLOAD

5.1.2013 v2

Edit: Okay, sometimes on shop at the info screen of an item the bug appears.
Try to fix that.

Edit: Well, changing "SEITE WECHSELN" to "SEITE" seems to fix it, on some items the screen "pops" blank and then quickly to the right screen.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think i have fixed the blackscreen/dissappearing text bug in Warehouse and Shop.
I have shorten every text that appears in the "bug sections" to a minimum, so that every person knows what to do or what it is.
I want to cut every word in the Workshop menu, but i really don't know what the meaning of "Synthetic" is, in german it means something like Kunststoff, that make no sense to me.

Here are some pictures:

SHOP
pic0001c.png

pic0000b.png

pic0009m.png

pic0002a.png

pic0003cq.png

pic0005s.png

WAREHOUSE
pic0010o.png

pic0011q.png

pic0012n.png

pic0014g.png

pic0016v.png

pic0015m.png

Maybe someone want to try that on his own, maybe it's just working on my savegame.

DOWNLOAD

5.1.2013 v2

Edit: Okay, sometimes on shop at the info screen of an item the bug appears.
Try to fix that.

No clue who wrote Synthesic but it is actually Synthesis. Fusion/Verbindung/Verschmelzung are all possible options.
For reference: I don't know why people keep messing up katakana words but Rack is OBVIOUSLY LUCK and as such to be translated as Glueck.
It refers to things like your evasion rate and critical hit rate and similar in battle.

PS: Apron is Schuerze. Cook Student Aron = Lehrling Schuerze.

Feel free to ask me words you feel unsure about.

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
OP
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
nice but try PRESSING triangle button for INFO some will cause blackscreen
some will not, at less the one i have right now.

anyways i dont know if these is the Word for Synthesis in German
Kunststoff, Kynstlich, Synthetisch, Synthese, Züchtung

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man thanks for these answers!

@Romsstar
That makes sense, thank you!
I had no idea what it could mean. :)
I will change the other words quickly as possible.

@MrShyCity
Already fixed it on every item which i have right now, have shorten "SEITE WECHSELN" to "SEITE". (at the shop, have to test if its on warehouse and workshop too)

Edit: Right now, only on a few items the bug appear at the workshop.
Damn, don't know what else i can make shorter on this screen.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh man thanks for these answers!

@Romsstar
That makes sense, thank you!
I had no idea what it could mean. :)
I will change the other words quickly as possible.

@MrShyCity
Already fixed it on every item which i have right now, have shorten "SEITE WECHSELN" to "SEITE". (at the shop, have to test if its on warehouse and workshop too)

Edit: Right now, only on a few items the bug appear at the workshop.
Damn, don't know what else i can make shorter on this screen.

I don't like the idea of shortening in the first place. Atm I'm working a rebuilder of the file format, so we can expand the length of items to our desired length without facing blackscreens.

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Romsstar

Really? Yeah i know it's not the best idea, but i also don't know that you solve the problem like a sir. :)
Does it have any consequences for the translation, for example that i don't have to translate everything again?
I have no idea how you make it, but that is awesome, maybe you can tell me the "basics" over pm, i'm very interested about work.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Romsstar

Really? Yeah i know it's not the best idea, but i also don't know that you solve the problem like a sir. :)
Does it have any consequences for the translation, for example that i don't have to translate everything again?
I have no idea how you make it, but that is awesome, maybe you can tell me the "basics" over pm, i'm very interested about work.

-First of all I gotta say not all files were passed through me. So I found lots of errors in the Translation already . This is still beta after all, and some things went through google translator in this process (not by me) and came out pretty wrong. So if you used our translation as a basis, obviously the same errors will be in your translation too.

- Rebuilding the File Format is safest. After all this will free us from any limitation.

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Romsstar
Yeah i saw that at some points myself.
I play the game, so i can say if the context of the word is right or wrong.
Something like in the earliest version "have aquired", every gamer knows that you obtain something from something. :)
Some names are also incorrect, such as "ENIESU LOBBY", right is "ENIES LOBBY", or "TOWN ORANGE" is "ORANGE TOWN".
I correct these failures myself as good as i can, if you want i can give you my translation file every couple days, but i think you have a lot of work to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb