OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
21b6928.jpg

One Piece: Pirate Warriors is slated for release in North America and Europe in November 2012. Namco Bandai is discussing distribution plans with retailers and Sony for a digital release.

Source: http://www.siliconer...-north-america/

Oh delightful cupcakes can't wait to pre-order

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad though I wish they would also release the gold One Piece PS3 also in Europe & North America. I doubt they will though....

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Siliconera has reported that the game will only be released on PSN due to Sony's rule of not releasing undubbed games on disc.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Definitely a game to be excited for.

Siliconera has reported that the game will only be released on PSN due to Sony's rule of not releasing undubbed games on disc.

Wait.
Sony has established a rule that is 100% guaranteed to noticeably reduce the amount of profit they make?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a game to be excited for.

Wait.
Sony has established a rule that is 100% guaranteed to noticeably reduce the amount of profit they make?
It seems that way, I didn't know such a rule existed because of the Yakuza games.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad as hell we are getting this, looked amazing. And i have been loving the decent DW spinoffs (DW:Gundam 3 was my favorite).

Though, it'd be epic as hell if by some miracle we got the Golden PS3's too. (Like if they were pre-order only or something) I'd buy one in a heartbeat

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.

You really thinking they're going to get a lot of profit from an undubbed One Piece game in Europe and America?

In all honesty a dubbed version for the location is pretty much expected with video games. I don't see anything wrong with this rule, it's just quality control. Like in all honesty, how many undubbed-but-translated games do you see on the market anyway?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see why Sony wouldn't bring the Gold PS3 with this game. I don't think the brand has enough pull here to really make that investment worthwhile.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the Funimation voices actors would do voice work for the game. I thought they did a pretty good job with One Piece Unlimited Adventure and was hoping to see them do future One Piece games as well.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait.

You really thinking they're going to get a lot of profit from an undubbed One Piece game in Europe and America?

In all honesty a dubbed version for the location is pretty much expected with video games. I don't see anything wrong with this rule, it's just quality control. Like in all honesty, how many undubbed-but-translated games do you see on the market anyway?

Just because companies act a certain way does not mean that way is smart.
Companies are scared to release undubbed games. That is all. The games would still sell almost as well as they do now if they were "only" subbed (and not dubbing saves a lot of money).

The amount of people who won't buy a game because it's only subbed and not dubbed is a lot smaller than the amount of people who don't buy a game because it's only available on PSN.

While it may be true that a few people will not buy it because it's not dubbed, but A LOT of people will not buy it because it's only available on PSN.

Making your product available to as many people as possible is always the by far smartest thing.
And making your game available to less people because a tiny amount of people may not buy it is very unwise. Especially since those few people won't buy it on PSN either.

Also I highly doubt that many people base their purchase decisions on whether or not a game is dubbed, seeing how nearly any fan of the series watches it subbed and not dubbed anyway.
Those who buy the game because they're a fan of One Piece know the part of the story that is displayed here already and those who just care about gameplay don't give a fuck about whether or not it's dubbed either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1