One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 heading to North America and Europe (PS3/Vita/PS4/Steam)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by GameWinner, Dec 22, 2014.

1. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    The One Piece: Pirate Warriors series coming to North America isn't really suprising. What is surprising is the fact that the game is coming to PSVita AND Steam in North America. Previously, Namco skipped the PSVita version of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2.​
    :arrow: Source

Coltonamore and T-hug like this.
  2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Aaaaand another Vita title for Chavo to get his piratey little hands on...
    In a legal form of course...
    >_>
    <_<

3. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    summer 2015 ugh what a wait... at least it's on PS3 and Vita. let's hope for cross play.

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    *sigh* another Dynasty Warriors.

One Piece was on the right track with the Unlimited Red series but then they fucked it up and went back to Pirate Warriors once again.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Lets hope they address some of the dumber problems the previous ones had. Such as 2 of the same character on the map, even if you were playing solo, etc

6. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    They still produce this? Funny.

But why never an real RPG or something like that? Fight, fight, fight - is this really everything this manga has to offer?

7. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    I hope i can install install the game without installing Steam on my PC otherwise ill get the console version . . .

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    well of course, like any other shonen manga, theres battle at its heart. battles and techniques.
    though these games make a habit out of taking just battle and throwing in just the tiniest snippets of story, which is, i guess, all right for those who know the story by heart. who don't have to see all these things over and over in this weird 3d visual. similar to the dbz games of the last decade. towards the end, they literally had just walls of text between fights. and once you'd played as every character once, seen all special attacks, all the transformations, the game was basically over, as the stories were nothing new, or it was dumb and annoying in those 'what would be if' kind of missions.

anyways, i also don't see this work as a 'real rpg' since then, its just read read read and hit 'A' for basically 99% of non boss battles. not better in my eyes

i guess, as far as i can see, most shonen manga end up best in form of tournament fighters. because at heart, you want to see those attacks and beat people. naruto often tried to mix it with rpg, with walking, talking, questing etc... and it always ends up boring and stale and with annoying platforming to the point where you just do it to unlock whatever finishing it unlocks.

9. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Naruto had some nice ideas, but yeah it was not that great either. But at least they tried - and they did make some good fighting (meaning Gekitou Ninja Taisen series - NOT this Ultimate Ninja or Storm shit) games with it. These Dynasty Warrior clones are a shame, really. Not because of the genre, because they're total ripoffs of the same material. Like I would eat the same food twice!

10. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    wow, the game looks fantastic. I havent' read one piece for a long time, and dont' like the series as much I used to be, but this is glorious. man, I wish fairy tail can also be as popular as one piece to get a pc release :P

11. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    GBA had a lot of One piece RPG, particullary one that I remember was a RPG with a grid battle system.

There's also the 3ds one.