Gaming One paticular crazy thing about a Wii 2 rumor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The world might end 2012.

And now, do I open a topic about this and tell the people to start discussing? No, I don't. Because it makes NO FRIGGIN SENSE!

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiFan2012 said:
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ninte...blu-ray--646183

According to the rumor, Nintendo MAY use Blu Ray to stop piracy. Are you kidding me??? Does Nintendo NOT know there are already Blu Ray rippers AND burners on the market??
All hackers need to do, if the rumor is true, is to find a way to play the burned Blu Ray discs.

Just wanted to point this out..

Nintendo Wii 2 to pack Blu-ray?
Hi-def capabilities rumoured for the new console
By Marc Chacksfield

November 2nd 2009

----

a rumour from about a half year ago and haven't heard from it since
biggrin.gif

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
It has already been said many times over that Nintendo is not working on a new console yet because they have not come up with an idea for a game that can not be done on the wii. They will only create a new console when a game that they want to make is not able to be done on the wii.

Please close this thread, especially since it has nothing to do with hacking.
You bought that line? Nintendo is probably working on something right now, they just will not release details. Nothing new there. Sounds like a PR circlejerk line to me.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
gillman said:
DeadlyFoez said:
It has already been said many times over that Nintendo is not working on a new console yet because they have not come up with an idea for a game that can not be done on the wii. They will only create a new console when a game that they want to make is not able to be done on the wii.

You bought that line? Nintendo is probably working on something right now, they just will not release details. Nothing new there. Sounds like a PR circlejerk line to me.

Um...yeah...

Nintendo isn't very well known for keeping secrets.

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
gillman said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Um...yeah...

I think they could manage to keep Wii 2 under wraps. They've done it with their home consoles. You act like they leak stuff years ahead of time and as if they aren't controlled leaks anyway.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
gillman said:
dudeonline said:
gillman said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Um...yeah...

I think they could manage to keep Wii 2 under wraps. They've done it with their home consoles. You act like they leak stuff years ahead of time and as if they aren't controlled leaks anyway.

Yeah they could keep the Wii2 undere wraps, but judging by their record why would they want to? Besides we would need to know a codename before it was even announced anyway.

Just look at Nintendo's Track record. Why would they break the pattern now, when they can spin the great hype machine and have massive sales guaranteed before the console is even released?

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, bluray is steadily becoming the market default. More and more people are owning bluray players, bluray burners. Final Fantasy XIII in itself has shown the superiority of bluray over DVD9 formats (I only have a 360. My friend has a PS3. We compared quality - Son, I was disappoint.)

So while it's obvious that this is the path Nintendo SHOULD take, especially if they're jumping into the HD market..

They probably won't. I don't see why they would. And my only basis behind that is because it's a good idea. Nintendo stays away from (orthodox/expected) good ideas like nobody's business. The solutions they DO come up with are always interesting - but.. strange. Keep in mind, we didn't move up to full-sized DVDs until this generation. Nintendo likes to drag their feet when switching formats.
mellow.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would actually be a good way to stop piracy. I think the main reason why pirates pirate is the convenience of it. think about it they don't have to pay for a game they don't have to leave to go anywhere and in the wii's case dont even have to burn games anymore. however Blu-Ray is still new and not many people have adopted the new system yet. Not to mention that blu-ray burners are still expensive along with its discs. Plus if you were going to download one blu-ray game it would be like 25-50gb of data at that point so the time to download a game would also play a factor. anyway to me it seems like right now blu-ray would stop pirating to an extent because it would get to the point where it isnt as convenient to just go out and buy the game.

My 2 cents about it anyway.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.