Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'd like to ask a few things too.
tongue.gif

A friend of mine asked me to buy a flash card to his son.

The kid:

1. just want to play DS games;

2. has 8 years old;

3. doesn't read english;

4. doesn't have broadband internet access.

So, what is a ease to use, simple, just for games and that don't require a lot of updates (I could do it ocasionally) option?
unsure.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif

isnt this a subject of the kind: just buy the games
tongue.gif

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I'd like to ask a few things too.
tongue.gif

A friend of mine asked me to buy a flash card to his son.

The kid:

1. just want to play DS games;

2. has 8 years old;

3. doesn't read english;

4. doesn't have broadband internet access.

So, what is a ease to use, simple, just for games and that don't require a lot of updates (I could do it ocasionally) option?
unsure.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif

isnt this a subject of the kind: just buy the games
tongue.gif

Just help me, dude.
dry.gif

nyanya.gif

ninjya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man still can't decide between the Cyclo/SCone/M3Real :/

Too chicken to count in Acecard atm, dunno why. Just feels like G6 Real is the better choice if one is going to go for a onboard memory.

Brainy142

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well it's a tough choice, I got the m3 real and everything (i've tried) works just remeber to use ds organize if it doesn't boot. acekard R.P.G. could have a good future because of the openscourceness. cyclps ds i've heard is pretty good. basicly it comes down to which company you "trust" also the m3 real (if you have a lite) you can get an add-on to play gba games

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I'll wait for a fixed batch of Cyclo's. Their product support seems top notch and they have a lot of promising features. Plus I like how it is skinned. I'm not sure what skins for SCDS One are like.

serco16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man still can't decide between the Cyclo/SCone/M3Real :/

Too chicken to count in Acecard atm, dunno why. Just feels like G6 Real is the better choice if one is going to go for a onboard memory.
Well, i just ordered an M3 real recently, so you know my opinion
smile.gif
.Decision was based on review (I think silver award means something and also like a menu with lots and lots of items), failure rates (since I ordered it because my SCDS sdhc died :'( ) and...well, number of threads in NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software section in comparison to other ones. You can't enjoy a thing if there's no one beside you to enjoy it as well
smile.gif

ninjya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i just ordered an M3 real recently, so you know my opinionÂ
smile.gif
 .Decision was based on review (I think silver award means something and also like a menu with lots and lots of items), failure rates (since I ordered it because my SCDS sdhc died :'( ) and...well, number of threads in NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software section in comparison to other ones. You can't enjoy a thing if there's no one beside you to enjoy it as well
smile.gif

Was thinking about the M3 Real a little so went around checking the prices. I like the dealextream prices but they don't seem to have the GBA bundle. Where did you order yours?

Oh and have some words about your time with the SCDS? I am really thinking about it as a strong contender.

serco16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i just ordered an M3 real recently, so you know my opinionÂ
smile.gif
 .Decision was based on review (I think silver award means something and also like a menu with lots and lots of items), failure rates (since I ordered it because my SCDS sdhc died :'( ) and...well, number of threads in NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software section in comparison to other ones. You can't enjoy a thing if there's no one beside you to enjoy it as well
smile.gif

Was thinking about the M3 Real a little so went around checking the prices. I like the dealextream prices but they don't seem to have the GBA bundle. Where did you order yours?

Oh and have some words about your time with the SCDS? I am really thinking about it as a strong contender.

From dealextreme, free shipping is a blessing
smile.gif
Personally i don't care about gba games, if I will want gba i'll get an ewin or 3 in 1 or somehing.
About SCDS, it's a great cart. I especially (hope i'm not raping english here) like the file browsing with selectable view type and all. Compatibility is very good, the only game I couldn't make it work was rayman raving rabbids 2 (but i didn't really search for solutions) All in all, really easy to use, takes a little longer to load games when pached but i'm a patient man, skins are nice but the major downside is that you won't find many of them around (at least I didn't find, and many sites have dead links).
And for very big problems, random saves were geting corrupted, some homebrew was freezing at some point (mainly colors!) but I strongly beleive theese problems were caused by the same factors that eventually lead to it's death (with random white screen at bootup in the begining and no card in slot at the end) Doubt that happens with working carts.
Hope that helps.
ps: forgot to mention, I used it with an 1gb kingston japan card, not a sdhc card.

ninjya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, down to two contenders now.

Wait until the black CycloEv comes out or get a M3 Real bundle.

Got a message from a user saying SCDS has many cool features and so, but isn't enough if I am only going to stay with 1 flashcard. But nice if you like two cards.

But since I am just getting one and staying with it (if it doesn't break on me) i guess the SCDS is out of the competition.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

serco16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the best way to decide on a cart would be to check out YouTube.

I don't quite understand your thought there
smile.gif

Is there any cool video reviews of the cyclo or the m3 real there? Those two are the finalists for me (though i thought the scds would be in the final 2, but guess not) ^^
Not exactly reviews, more like attempts of fans. But you can find many things about them. Just type the name of the cart in the search box.
Let us know what you choose as winner
smile.gif

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've chosen Cyclo as my winner. Just browsing their forum looks promising. If you're pondering the differences between M3 Real and CycloDS: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4050

What I like about Cyclo is that the team actually listen to your requests and the communication is good oh and they are natively English speaking.

From what I've heard in Cyclo forums, SCDS One users are saying their Cyclo is better and that Cyclo is more comfortable to use, compared to the SCDS One's "pickyness". I don't like the fact you need to go into the menu for EACH game to turn soft-reset on/off and then choose between two button layouts. Also, Cyclo have promising features lined up like RTS. Hopefully it will surpass SCDS One's RTS which has problems (sometimes loads bad graphics/textures). They're also working on an in-game guide which should be much better than the SCDS One's "difficult to read fonts and colours" guide.

Cyclo wins for me, it's just a shame the hardware is so unreliable. Can someone update me on the availabilty of Cyclo's?

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for me, the acekard rpg is the one hands down if price isnt a problem, the cart is just amazing in every way and is completely promising for the future w/o having to buy new carts, but if you just want the basic package, for a really small price, the toptoy is a good option, it does all the basics that other regular carts like m3 and r4 will do but for half the price

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like -37 out of 10