One of the best MMO's created.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by RichardLaughter_, Sep 24, 2012.

Sep 24, 2012
  1. RichardLaughter_
    OP

Member RichardLaughter_ GBAtemp Regular

I have been playing this game for a year, and from my experiance, I can honestly say that this is one of the best MMO's to date. With it's fast paced, real time, combat system, and amazing character design, This game has skyrocketed to the top of the MMO list, and has multiple clients world wide. For anyone interested in checking it out you can head here.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/news/news

For the ones who want to see a little action before joining.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeobezZE38

With an upcoming cap update, which includes New classes and a new town, now would be the perfect time to join! :D

Feel free to stam a like on the fb page as well

http://www.facebook.com/dragonnest

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    It's definitely one of the funner MMOs, but Tera kinda spoiled me for action combat, so I nitpick Dragon Nest's a lot. I tend to play it on and off.

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I only faintly remember the name, and what I've heard of the game isn't too remarkable. At least it's good to hear that it isn't quite an empty nest.

If I were to try to get into MMOs, I would probably start with something like Guild Wars 2 over this.

4. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    never tried it but my friends tell me it's good but doesn't really feel much of an mmo.
    he told me because of it's dungeons that most of the time you play, you only play with 2-3 people.

5. Hells Malice

Canada
    It's an instanced MMO. AKA you form parties and go through different dungeons each with varying difficulty levels.
    Probably my least favorite kind of MMOs, but it does work well enough.
    It's kinda like Vindictus if you've seen/played that, except it doesn't suck.

6. TheZoc

Member TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I didn't enjoy it. It's grinding-grinding-grinding-grinding-grinding-grinding like there's no tomorrow =/

7. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Got to 24 in the NA version and stopped playing. It was boring playing alone and grinding the same dungeons. I also have a lv 45 Sniper in CDN but stopped playing that as well.
    I would play again, but it's takes too much grinding to level. After DN, I've quit MMOs completely. I just stick to my 3DS for gaming.

8. DoubleeDee

Member DoubleeDee GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Never played that before, but it looks interesting. I might try it out.

9. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    My friend always kept annoying me and telling me to play this but I never got around to it.

10. FencingFoxFTW

Member FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    so, it's time for a MMO thread again.

looks cool, but I'll stick to Eden Eternal. thanks anyway.

11. Hells Malice

Canada
    If you hate DN for the grind, you must hate literally every single MMO ever created...except GW1. Literally almost no real grind in DN. There's a ridiculous amount of quests that lead you through levelling and you barely ever have to hang back in old dungeons.

12. TheZoc

Member TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've played this game ~2 years ago I think. As far as I recall, there was a "max experience daily amount" for dungeons (or something that preventing you going into dungeons over and over again unless you paid something) and almost no quests. It was major grinding almost questless. I'm happy to know it have evolved since so.

Still, I'm hooked with the story behind Star Wars the old republic (Yeah, I know it's going to be f2p, but a friend offered a trial, I thought "why not" and now I'm playing it), and I've played tons of others MMOs out there (UO, WoW, GW1, GW2 beta, Age of Conan, Global Agenda, Secret World beta, Rift, Dofus, Ragnarok Online, and I few others I don't recall their names), and Dragon Nest, In my opinion was just more of the same.
    From the more recent ones:
    - Rift was impressive with the amount of content added to the game every month (even every weeks at some points), and their dynamic questing spoils leveling. Sadly, the Planar Attunement was something added to extend the life of the game, it killed the game for me when people started to demand eternal grinding because they failed at the raids and wanted to blame people with lower PA rating (even thought they were among the top dps).
    - Secret World was a totally different theme for the world - World of Darkness setting is just awesome, and they managed to make a great game. I really hope it keep going on strong and I hope to be able to play it with friends in near future.
    - Star Wars: The Old Republic... oh god... THAT STORYLINE. This is the first time a MMO got me hooked up this much to know what happens next. I'm skipping as most as I can from questing to do the storyline. I have no idea if high level content is fun or even good, but the storyline... it's amazing. (Jedi story was boring, but the Sith story is amazing :O)

The rest... welll.. it's the rest. I couldn't notice anything very special about any of the others MMOs. Of course, it's all about personal taste and many people might and will disagree with me, but these are my opinions.

About dragons nest... I enjoyed doing dungeons with friends. But the lack of quests back at that time, little people around all the time, killed the game for me. Probably I was too used to World of Warcraft back then. The lack of people around on GW1 was the same reason why it got killed for me.

I'm really happy Dragon's Nest is alive and kicking, I hate to see games dying. Still, It's not the game for me (we can't like every game out there I guess :) )

13. Hells Malice

Canada
    DN to start was a lot more grindy, but barely. People were still easily hitting max level in a day or two, and it didn't require a whole lot of effort either. TONS of people maxed out in open beta and were crying for more content. Though really that's pretty much the story of basically every new MMO.
    As for experience with MMOs...yeah i've played...all of them? At one point. As long as it was English anyway (and even some non-english ones like PSO2 or Lime Odyssey).

14. FencingFoxFTW

Member FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    have you played newer ones like RaiderZ? what free MMORPGs do you recommend?

15. Hells Malice

Canada
    I briefly played RaiderZ yeah, but the closed beta happened near the time I was entralled with Tera online...so I don't really have a fair opinion of it i'd say, Since Tera maims and destroys it...but Tera is P2P sooo that's a given.
    I can say it really wasn't all that polished. There wasn't much 'oomph' to the combat system...I dunno. For an action combat system, that's a huge problem.

Lately I haven't really actively played too many MMOs (I try plenty but don't stick to many for very long), but the most recent one I enjoyed a LOT was PSO2...which happens to be japanese only for now. Getting localized, slowly. Not really THAT hard to play with some guides and definitely worth it...

Without knowing anything other than the fact you play Eden, I can't recommend much off hand though. I'd say stick to Eden, that was one of my more favorite F2P MMOs in recent history. Not a whole lot of class depth...but hell, most F2P MMOs have minimal class/character depth. The class system is unique and fun.

16. ShadowFyre

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd play it, but...The whole "nexon" thing is a real turn off. They turned Maplestory into a terrible game bent for NX cash users.

17. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    This man, so much this.

They always said that they wouldnt give NX users advantages, now you can make freaking perfect/super godly weapons

18. Hells Malice

Canada
    Nexon is hardly the worst F2P hosting company.
    Ijji and gpotato love their money, and Aeria is probably the worst of the bunch.
    Nexon did a LOT of bad for the sake of lining their own pockets, but the cash shop for MS in general still is no where near as bad as other MMOs. A lot of really awesome items on maplestory are EVENT items, free for anyone to obtain. Not to mention it's a PvE game so it doesn't really make a whole lot of difference. The worst they've done is selling mesos during events...that was the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life.
    F2P doesn't usually mean it's free, it just means they'll let you see the game and you can decide if you want to pay the $50-200 a month pricetag to enjoy it.