One of the best cards ever released is becoming worthless..

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Alphons Potters, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Alphons Potters
    OP

Newcomer Alphons Potters Member

Netherlands
    Why no new software updates!! (the last one if from Sakura 1.49 3rd Januari 2011!!)
    A lot of games (with Anti Piracy Protection) won't even work (some games are one year old!)

Games like:

Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals
    Mario vs Donkey Kong 3: Mini-Land Mayhem
    Kirby Mass Attack
    Golden Sun Dark Dawn
    Etc. etc.

Only new firmware for 1.4.3 but no updates for official M3 software.
    You must use other extra software to get them to work...

I sold mine M3iZero card and bought the SuperCard DStwo.
    That one plays al games fine!!

The M3 Developing team is dead or what happened!
    Why won;t they release new software??

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The M3 team is dead, its no shock since they have been going down hill for the past year our two, with little to no updates and making up lame excuses when they made a broken update.

3. GuyLuigi

Newcomer GuyLuigi Member

Spain
    Can not create an unofficial Core for old M3iZero? Must not be so difficult. [​IMG]

4. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    At least we have people like Gaboros and Retrogamefan helping put out custom FW to keep the cart going in an un-official sense.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Reminds me of the CycloDS.

6. Shebang

Member Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    So what FWs work on the M3real?

7. Alphons Potters
    OP

Newcomer Alphons Potters Member

Netherlands
    This one works (but I don't know exactly yet how to install it)
    Retrogamefan multicard
    http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

I hope somebody will tell me because the tutorial with it isn;'t very clear to me.

8. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Alphons, scroll to the download part, and download. Extract the contents of your specific cards FW to your MicroSD, and tada!

9. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "has long since" is more like it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tetsamaru

Newcomer Tetsamaru Newbie

United States
    Kirby Mass Attack and Golden Sun Dark Dawn work perfectly fine on my M3i Zero.

11. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Everyone please stop saying the M3 is dead. It's just ignorant to say that.
    The M3 is just as alive as the acekard 2i...there are a few different firmwares available
    for the m3 that use the same loader which is constantly bring updated even more often
    than AKAIO is.

Take a look over at the alternative firmwares for m3 thread and you'll see there is woodys,
    ysm3 and recovery, which all use the ysmemu loader just with different GUI's.

12. sweenish

United States
    the gmp-z003 would like to say hi.

the difference between the m3 carts and the acekards are that acekard embraced the community, and AKAIO is very much actively worked on because of this. m3 did the opposite. they shut the community out, and now only the lucky ones who bought the carts early are able to take advantage of gabaroos' hard work.

you're being a bit ignorant yourself if you think that a cart that requires official updates (which have been non-existant for a good while) to function can rely on the hard work of the community.

13. RchUncleSkeleton

United States
    I'm sorry...when and where did I say a flashcard needed official updates to function?
    Oh yeah, I didn't. In fact I said nothing of the sort, what I said is that the m3 is being kept
    Alive through 3rd party loaders just like the acekard.

If you took two seconds to actually read my post you would have known that.

Also just because the m3 team locked out 3rd party loaders with the z003 doesn't mean that the m3 is dead.
    There are plenty of people out there with an m3 real or an earlier model m3i zero who can use those firmwares,
    which makes your argument is irrelevant.

14. idc

Newcomer idc Newbie

Are you serious?

There may be plenty of people out there with older cards, but there are also plenty of people out there with GMP-Z003 revision cards on which only the official M3 loader will work. The fact is, anyone now buying a new M3i card will receive a GMP-Z003 revision.

The last official M3 update - the one that works on the only M3 cards that you can actually buy right now - was released around eleven months ago, if I remember correctly. Seems pretty dead to me.

15. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I've abandoned my M3 Real because it's contacts are completely worn out.
    Gotten an DSTwo instead but I never had complaints about M3.

I still have a M3 CF Perfect that works perfectly fine.

16. sweenish

United States
    the fact that the z003 exists negates your argument entirely, or are you dense? the team's newest cart can't use third party firmware. official updates simply aren't coming. older carts don't work on the dsi or the 3ds except the m3i0, pre z003. and i'm pretty sure that no m3i0 works on a 3ds with the latest firmware. the team is dead, and the cart is useless because your solutions don't work with it.

many of the older carts also don't work with outside firmware, or did you miss that part of gabaroos' thread? and they certainly aren't officially supported either. just suck up your pride, and realize that m3 carts are a bad choice, and that they are dead with the exception those that are lucky enough to use the third party firmwares.

17. RchUncleSkeleton

United States
    Sorry, but you're wrong. While you may be bitter because you got stuck with a dud, it doesn't take away from the fact that there are more M3 Real and M3i Zero(Pre z003) users than there are z003 users.

Yes the team is dead, but those of us that were "lucky enough"(more than not) to get the older versions can use the 3rd party updates, which makes the card not worthless and in fact very useful.

I don't care if the carts don't work on the DSi or the 3DS. I have my DS Lite which it works perfectly with and will gladly continue to use it.

That's all I'm going to say because there's no point in arguing with someone who can't see passed their own nose.

18. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Old version with the GBA cart is yum yum.
    I just YSmenu

19. sweenish

United States
    you missed the point. the newest cart from m3 is locked to only official updates. arguing that a cart is not dead because older products can still be supported is moot. the fact that you still play on a dsl does not belong in this argument, since what bearing does your one case have on the m3 userbase as a whole? the answer is none. your scenario has zero bearing on the entire m3 userbase.

i mean, what's my case study? a launch m3i0 on a dsi. if i were to use your "logic," i'd be on your side. i'm lucky enough to be able to use one of gabaroos' firmwares. but plenty of other people can't, and you're blindly ignoring them. you also turned a blind eye that of all the m3 products, only one subset of one cart works on a dsi or newer. that's kind of a big point for you to just ignore.

i also don't own a z003, but thanks for assuming. unless they come out with a newer cart and reverse their policy on third-party firmwares, the only people benefiting are those that have old hardware (both cart and nds), a group that only shrinks as time goes on.

your argument doesn't hold water, even by the loosest standards, and that's no base to form an opinion on. your logic is flawed, and you're now on the point of willful ignorance by not even acknowledging valid points. be happy that your cart can still be useful, but don't spout idiocy in attempt to defend your purchase.

20. So Solid Jedi

Newcomer So Solid Jedi Member

United Kingdom
    Looks like the reason the M3 team have been so slack with updates of late is because they are pre-occupied with releasing a new M3 card... the M3-Plus.