One more day till my AK2 arrives!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Topfragger, May 5, 2008.

May 5, 2008
  1. Topfragger
    OP

Member Topfragger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yep, and i got my MicroSD card formatted and loaded with some homebrews and a few roms

and i can't wait...*groan* stupid labor day where the hell did labor day come from? anyway yeah....i'm kinda getting a little impatient now though it was a big hassle getting payment done, i used bank transfer i really hope it come so i can play the DS roms properly, because the DS emulator is still too sluggish

and in case your wondering my laptop is a 2.00ghz dual core
    i think the best way to play DS roms is still with an actual DS itself on a flashcard not a PC....

nextup i'll probably buy a DSTT i found a site that is australian that sells them super cheap, and after i finish reviewing it i'll give it to my friend as a gift.

How many other people on this forum already have Acekards?
    and i wanna know what you think so far of it, because i've searched the forum, theres been no actual testimonials
    it's allways been M3 this or R4 that stuff....

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    DS emulator on a PC sluggish??
    I think most pc's should be able to run them at full speed with no problems.
    But anyway what was the point of this topic?

3. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    Whats the point of this forum?

None

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah there is no point but, good luck with your AK2

5. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    How many other people on this forum already have Acekards?
    and i wanna know what you think so far of it, because i've searched the forum, theres been no actual testimonials
    it's allways been M3 this or R4 that stuff....

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I really like the AK2 menu system. My only complaint is that the firmware seems to be less stable than other more established carts. I also have a DSTT, and I can say that the DSTT is more reliable when running games and homebrew. It seems that the AK2 may be pickier about which microSD you use (even though they advertise just the opposite), and it occasionally crashes while playing some games and intermittently hangs during startup of DSOrganize. Others seem to have problems with other games/homebrew that I have no trouble with and vice versa.

Still, the menu system is really nice so I prefer the AK2 over the DSTT. The AK2 is fairly new, so hopefully the compatibility issues will be resolved in upcoming firmware updates.

-Bri

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    You didn't look very hard eh?

8. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I have an AceKard 2 but my friend is borrowing it right now until he gets his own. Im using my Cyclo at the moment.

9. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Spam on purpose?

10. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Acekard 2 is easily better than DSTT. Just know that OP.

11. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    Allright i got it about 3 days ago.

i must say the Card is a good one, and it is well deserved of it's golden award if not for one very annoying and bothersome flaw....

THE SHELL DESIGN IS CRAP

seriously it's bad! it's almost as bad as the Ninjapass X9 only the shell doesn't crack at the light press of a pinky sure the X9 had screws but they strip out of their threads very easily.

the card is too damn creaky and bendy and the 5 plastic clips are small thin and in no way flexible or supple they are very stiff, and when i opened the shell by gently prising off the clips one of them got bent a little and ended up with a white fatigue line, this isn't good.
    and it caused the card to get stuck when i put it in requiring forced retrieval and further dismantling the cart to bend the clip back into it's proper position so it would lock onto the clip properly.

the Card reader i got was not a black AK brand, it was a light blue one with Kawau written on it, Modsupplier told me all their stock have these, and they did at one time have the readers With AK written on it when the first got it in,
    when i opened the cart there was rook at the sides for two small screws to possibly be fitted.
    Team Acekard needs to redesign their shell and many other people think so too.

the Acekard 2 is a brilliant piece of kit for the NDS but the cartridge casing poorly reflects it, and when handling it, you will handle it gingerly out of fear of it breaking.
    if a flashcard feels flimsier than an actual DS game thats a No good No No....

that's my testiment.

12. OzModChips

Member OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    So topfragger, aka TwinsanityNtranced, when are you going to give us your bank details so we can process a refund?

13. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    I'm not John.

btw being a company doesn't involve acting like a delta force of manchildren nor does it involve being snobbish people have tempers they get over them, you just made it even worse