One Month With the PlayStation Vita: What Went Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hahaha oh crap.
Those were the most hilarious points i've ever seen published.

What kind of moron lets such a horrible opinion get published on a website.
Gamespot, even for you this is just terrible.

Someone give the man some angry birds and a few dozen 5 second wonder apps and this dude'll love his Vita.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hahaha oh crap.
Those were the most hilarious points i've ever seen published.

What kind of moron lets such a horrible opinion get published on a website.
Gamespot, even for you this is just terrible.

Someone give the man some angry birds and a few dozen 5 second wonder apps and this dude'll love his Vita.
I thought it was worth mentioning...

Angry Birds is one of many PlayStation Mini's. I guess he hadn't checked the PSN Store before writing his review, otherwise he would be rather pleased.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The article is
Typical Valwinated thread.

You're wrong. Valwin this time wasn't bashing or trolling, instead you're now.
Anyone who thinks a phone is a gaming device is an idiot and should drown in his stupidity.

For the record:

Valwin is a known trolling sony hater, and this is a valwinated thread.
He quoted all the negative and bold them to point them out to troll them out, and added "i dont think the vita needs to compete with smart phones cuz is not one" at the end so he don't get hit with another warning for trolling.

Valwin defending sony is like hitler defending jews, or lamefuck defending gbatemp.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone who thinks a phone is a gaming device is an idiot and should drown in his stupidity.
For the record:
Valwin is a known trolling sony hater, and this is a valwinated thread.
He quoted all the negative and bold them to point them out to troll them out, and added "i dont think the vita needs to compete with smart phones cuz is not one" at the end so he don't get hit with another warning for trolling.
Valwin defending sony is like hitler defending jews, or lamefuck defending gbatemp.
Other then the fact that I liked the N-Gage (LET THE BASHING COMMENCE!) simply because it was *properly shaped* for a gaming device and I believe the Xperia Play is not a bad deal, I agree 100% with you.

Phones are definatelly not the "ultimate" gaming devices as of today and should be treated as side arms rather then the main weapon of a gamer and that's that. Perhaps in 5-10 years time, when phones catch up spec-wise with their console competitors and start including input methods that'd rival them, aka, analog sticks and pressure-sensitive triggers/buttons then yeah - they'd be on the same level. Today, with all-digital input? Not so much.

That said, I wouldn't mind if I could call people with my console, simply because it's one less gadget to carry around. But again - we're not there yet.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great that on GBATemp we use the word "valwinated" instead of biased or opinionated. It's a forum. I don't get why Valwin can't hate Sony as much as you guys like Nintendo. He doesn't have to fit a role that's exactly like yours.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's great that on GBATemp we use the word "valwinated" instead of biased or opinionated. It's a forum. I don't get why Valwin can't hate Sony as much as you guys like Nintendo. He doesn't have to fit a role that's exactly like yours.
Forums very much prefere objectivity over fanboyism. Fanboys are generally rejects of all communities and are universally hated.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forums very much prefere objectivity over fanboyism. Fanboys are generally rejects of all communities and are universally hated.
This has to be the "least wise" thing I've ever read.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You must not like reading.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must not like reading.
You've basically just said that people that all-for-all prefer one thing over another are rejects of all communities when, truth be told, when this forum was created it was a prime Nintendo fanboy praised forum. Hell, if you've been ont he internet for longer than a day, you would know that communities solely exists for "fanboys" of multiple different consoles, games, ideas, etc etc. Then you went on to say they were universally hated, which i'm going to assume was facetious added onto a serious post, so I won't really comment on it.

Either way, what you've said was "not wise"

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just by looking at the thread title I knew it was Valwin.....

-snip: Too long of a Mobile industry rant-

TL;DR: Screw you mobile gaming industry, you ballsed up the prices and content expectations of legitimate games, people aren't happy anymore unless they can jab their greasy mitts on a tiny screen for 4 hours.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You've basically just said that people that all-for-all prefer one thing over another are rejects of all communities when, truth be told, when this forum was created it was a prime Nintendo fanboy praised forum. Hell, if you've been on the internet for longer than a day, you would know that communities solely exists for "fanboys" of multiple different consoles, games, ideas, etc etc. Then you went on to say they were universally hated, which i'm going to assume was facetious added onto a serious post, so I won't really comment on it.

"Was" being the key word here. This site is no longer a forum about Nintendo - it's a forum about gaming. If you've been on the internet for longer then a day and logged on forums that are actually "proper" and do not favour any console over another you would know that fanboys are the worst thing on this planet.

As I said numerous times in many threads, fanboyims and blind praising of one company despite all the dumb stuff they do stalls progress. Those are blind opinions that have nothing to do with being an actual fan - a fan is capable of constructive and creative criticism and voices it out in hopes that the higher ups will hear the pleas and improve the product in question.

Blatantly bashing one product in favour of liking another is not a preference, mister. Preference means that I choose one product over another because I feel like it while not bashing another for no apparent reason - especially if that bashing goes againts all reason.

Reactions: 2 people

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've basically just said that people that all-for-all prefer one thing over another are rejects of all communities when, truth be told, when this forum was created it was a prime Nintendo fanboy praised forum. Hell, if you've been on the internet for longer than a day, you would know that communities solely exists for "fanboys" of multiple different consoles, games, ideas, etc etc. Then you went on to say they were universally hated, which i'm going to assume was facetious added onto a serious post, so I won't really comment on it.

"Was" being the key word here. This site is no longer a forum about Nintendo - it's a forum about gaming. If you've been on the internet for longer then a day and logged on forums that are actually "proper" and do not favour any console over another you would know that faboys are the worst thing on this planet.

As I said numerous times in many threads, fanboyims and blind praising of one company despite all the dumb stuff they sometimes do stalls progress. Those are blind opinions that have nothing to do with being an actual fan - a fan is capable of constructive and creative criticizm and voices it out in hopes that the higher ups will hear the pleas and improve the product.

Blatantly bashing one product in favour of liking another is not a preference, mister. Preference means that I choose one product over another because I feel like it while not bashing another for no apparent reason - especially if that bashing goes againts all reason.
Fanboys don't blindly hate things - they love them more han others based off preset opinions and do not feel the need to venture outside fo that because they are satisfied with what they're offered from that company. In comes another company trying to challenge them in their own market; they don't like that. No idea why you think "fanboyism" is based off blind prejudices.

Also, your last paragraph is a bit weird. yes, that is the exact definition of preference. they prefer one thing, so they decide to attack another or make it obvious that their choice is "the best" Your second paragraph is a bit wrong as well, fan is short for "fanatic" which is a bit more than being a fanboy would entitle. A fanatic loves something and simply doesn't care about anything else in any regard. Doesn't care enough to bash it, doesn't care enough to even talk about it or have it occupy any time of theirs. And to add on, Valwin hasn't bashed without reason, really. He starts all of his threads where he decides to voice his opinion with links to sources that claim certain things. It's a bit odd that you would say he, or "fanboys" are out of reason when a discussion can't be started on a forum without one.

Lastly, if you're honestly going to say that forums aren't proper because they are devoted to loving one thing and that "fanboys" are the worst thing on the planet, then I'm done. i honestly can't bother if such a simple topic leads you to think these preconceived notions about people who love something more than another or hate something with their hearts content makes them "fanboys" and labels them as the worst thing on the planet. I just can't.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I love you Valwin. The kicks I get from reading out the reactions of the people on your threads is priceless. It makes the forums super awesome!!!!! You should write to pop-corn making companies and ask for your cut for bringing them business....

On topic: Vita sucks, I am not buying it. In my opinion, it will fail so hard that Sony will stop making handhelds. The prevailing conditions clearly suggest that.

Reactions: 6 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fanboys don't blindly hate things
I ALMOST stopped reading there. Happy?
they love them more han others based off preset opinions and do not feel the need to venture outside fo that because they are satisfied with what they're offered from that company.
Sounds fair.
In comes another company trying to challenge them in their own market; they don't like that. No idea why you think "fanboyism" is based off blind prejudices.
If you identify yourself with a company then there's already something wrong with you.
Also, your last paragraph is a bit weird. yes, that is the exact definition of preference. they prefer one thing, so they decide to attack another or make it obvious that their choice is "the best"
I prefere dark-haired medium-tall girls. Does that mean that I should start attacking blondes for being different or should I let them be?
Your second paragraph is a bit wrong as well, fan is short for "fanatic" which is a bit more than being a fanboy would entitle. A fanatic loves something and simply doesn't care about anything else in any regard.
A fan supports what he preferes, but that doesn't imply bashing everything else.
Doesn't care enough to bash it, doesn't care enough to even talk about it or have it occupy any time of theirs.
Exactly.
And to add on, Valwin hasn't bashed without reason, really.
Reason being that he's a fanboy and draws immense pleasure from bashing.
He starts all of his threads where he decides to voice his opinion with links to sources that claim certain things.
News should not be opinion-based. If he wants to post his opinions he is welcome to start a fucking blog, not post news. This is also why this thread was moved, apparently. I remember it being originally posted in USN.
It's a bit odd that you would say he, or "fanboys" are out of reason when a discussion can't be started on a forum without one.
Discussions without any reason whatsoever are common amongst Valwin and his kind. Reason is not something you need to type or to voice out stupid and baseless opinions.
Lastly, if you're honestly going to say that forums aren't proper because they are devoted to loving one thing...
Fair play - they can limit themselves to loving one thing. No objections. Safe haven for "Whatever" Lovers.
and that "fanboys" are the worst thing on the planet
They are.
then I'm done.
Good. Cause you're wrong and you reject proper arguments.
i honestly can't bother if such a simple topic leads you to think these preconceived notions about people who love something more than another or hate something with their hearts content makes them "fanboys" and labels them as the worst thing on the planet.
Loving one thing despite its flaws while hating another thing despite its qualities which often interlink is pure fanboyism and there is no place for it in News threads.

NEWS should be OBJECTIVE, SHORT and TO THE POINT. This thread is about what Marks thinks about the Vita. It's a subjective opinion that has nothing to do with news.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@[member='Foxi4']
instead of being lmao mad why don't you just report the thread and leave it for the mods to decide instead of going on and on in every single valwin thread?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[member='Foxi4']
instead of being lmao mad why don't you just report the thread and leave it for the mods to decide instead of going on and on in every single valwin thread?
Not every single one - I don't devote that much of my spare time on making the life of fanboys this little bit less fun. Besides, I'm nowhere near mad - I'm simply stating the obvious here. ;)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem people have with Valwin's threads are that he mainly posts editorials. I mean look at how many of his threads were moved (and/or later voluntarily posted outside USN) for not having any actual news content.

The articles he posts are often by people doing unfair comparisons and just tossing out whatever they can to make the system look bad. The problem is that a thread like this amounts to nothing more than bashing, which is why it encourages such replies and discussion in it. I mean seriously, glance at the first post and look for anything you can find that's not personal editorial opinion. Of the quotes, only "horrendous loading times" comes close (and even then it's not a statistical comparison and that's a relative/perceptual thing anyways).

The things he posts most often hold little actual information on the topic (if any). In this case you could argue that it's a review, but when the author posts sentences like this...
It's like someone handed over the UI design to a 5-year-old child with a fetish for Smarties and a penchant for drawing in crayon
Then whether the article's an actual review or just a bashing gets fuzzy.

And pure opinion/bashing threads just cause issues.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉