One DS not recognising AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Joey90, Jun 5, 2008.

Jun 5, 2008

One DS not recognising AK2 by Joey90 at 4:30 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Joey90
    OP

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I just casemodded my old white DS lite (the hinge snapped) to a case from dealextreme, and (to my surprise!) it still works.

However it won't recognise my Acekard 2, it just says no DS cart inserted. It will read commercial games and other flashcarts (I don't have another Acekard to check that specifically) and my other DS will play it perfectly.

Any ideas/tips as to what is going on (and how to fix it!)

P.S. my D-Pad left/right is squishy - any ideas on that either [​IMG]

2. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As you said you modded your ds with a custom case which are usually slightly different dimensions to the originals.
    the card is a bit thicker than commercial so if its slightly thicker than your other flash carts maybe its not going in securely and making full contact (especially if working in others with maybe wider slots)
    or maybe not - just my guess - does it feel stiffer?

3. Joey90
    OP

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I think it is the fact that it doesn't have any plastic pin dividers, when I put it in normally it is at an angle, but if I straighten it up then it works...

Hopefully it'll be OK now [​IMG]

4. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    This has happened to me with the AKRPG and EZV as well. To alleviate my problems I took a piece of a sticky note (or just use tape) and put it on the label-side at the bottom to give the pins a better contact.

As for the D-pad.. Is it possible that you swapped the conductive silicone pad for ABXY with the one for the D-pad? Other than that then it just must be the case being off in dimensions again... You could fix it by padding it between the D-pad and the conductive pad but it might be hard to find a material that will give it a good feel -- not too squishy and not too hard.