once wii u modding is succesful, will wii u controllers become vwii compatible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by unvaluablespace, Aug 13, 2014.

1. unvaluablespace
    OP

unvaluablespace Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Im sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I figure it belongs here as it technically relates to hacking.

will this be possible though? I think its stupid that you can use the wii u gamepad's screen for vwii mode, but not the controller itself for input. I would love to be able to control emulators with it, as well as certain wii mode games (probably classic controller compatible games). also would be nice to use a pro controller in vwii mode as well.

so does anyone think this will ever be possible? just curious.

2. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    That would require writing a custom iOS on the vWii to work with the Wii U Gamepad, I'm not going to say its impossible but it would take a lot of time.

3. unvaluablespace
    OP

unvaluablespace Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    that's the answer I was looking for. thanks! Im not in a rush for it, just think its silly Nintendo didn't do this in the first place, and asked because I thought maybe it was some sort of hardware limitation since the gamepad supposedly does the input through wifi instead of bluetooth

filfat and Ryanrocks462 like this.
  4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I wonder if any of the modders will be interested in this though. I mean I would love for it to happen, but I completely would understand if no one chose to tackle it.

C RONALDO likes this.
  5. unvaluablespace
    OP

unvaluablespace Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Most definitely. I mean it just makes no sense having to use similar, but separate controllers for each mode. I don't want to have to have up to 4-5 controllers, twice as many for two players. ugh. if the wii remote can work on both sides, I don't see why the wii u pro controller cant work as a classic controller or whatever, and being able to play controller compatible games with a gamepad just makes sense when you can see the screen on the pad, and even has a built in sensor bar on it!

C RONALDO likes this.
  6. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    "that would requiring" my Engliz is wery god. YK ;)

7. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Oh I understand the desire, I'm right there with you. i just have the feeling that modders are going to be far more interested on tackling things int he straight up Wii U mode at that point, and the already waning interest in modding the vWii/Wii (exception being for Nintendont) will have all but withered away. Hopefully some modders will still be interested, but I dunno. I have a bad feeling that we wont see it done, or if we do, it wont be for a long while (like 2 years or even more, long while).

But hey, I hope for all of our sake that I'm dead wrong.

8. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    consoles are a thing of the past. Android devices can do anything you want.

9. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    Yeah, because we where totally discussing if console was worth it. Thank you for telling us to buy the Ouya... Nope could not say that with a strait face. :rofl2:

EDIT: Also I get a feeling that you are trying to get me irritated because I like Windows Phone a lot more then Android...

10. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    Why oya? Any of your phones can do the job.

11. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    Exactly, so why should I need a Android device. now go to a topic which actually discuss this topic ;)

12. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Phones don't have the games consoles do though and some people don't like gaming on a phone

13. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    Bluetooth controller to your phone and output to a tv. Not hard.

14. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

haha wtf? We weren't even talking about this crap. We all have our own smart phones, so clearly there must be reasons why we're all interested in consoles and hacking them instead.

15. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    Yeah, or just connect you Xbox controller(s) to it... oh yes that reminds me its only Windows Phone & Windows 8 of all the Mobile operating systems which supports the Xbox controller... how sad ;)

Can we go OnTopic now? :)

16. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This topic is derailing is the lamest possible way.

endoverend, pelago and filfat like this.
  17. unvaluablespace
    OP

unvaluablespace Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    lol so true.

18. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    The problem with this os that you would need to modifie the wiimote controller in the apps. This can varry greatly from game to game to app to app. You would also need to make the wiiu not switch the gamepad into the vWii state. Ether it would increase loading times with incompadabilities or be a per game patch. The pro controller should be easy commpared to the gamepad, you should be able to do it now as it can connect. The avt of reading data from certen parts of the controller makes it dc.

That was a lot, sorry for typos, I am tired.

19. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I'd just map Classic Controller keys to the gamepad buttons and call it a day. It's much less hackish and works with all games that vWii runs.

emo kid 68 likes this.
  20. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    But the clasic controller goes through the wiimotes, hence needing to mess with the code.