Hacking once jailbreaked how to transfer files

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just d/loaded a few games for kids , how do i transfer files, can i put on external hd and transfer via usb or do i have to use flash ftp or something like that. also how do i save gt5 files since i have not jailbreaked yet and want to save some of the progress (up til 3 playing)

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
slickric33 said:
just d/loaded a few games for kids , how do i transfer files, can i put on external hd and transfer via usb or do i have to use flash ftp or something like that. also how do i save gt5 files since i have not jailbreaked yet and want to save some of the progress (up til 3 playing)

You just fire up the backup manager of your choice and enable the built in ftp server if there is one. Otherwise install the Blackb0x FTP server and run it. Then you just FTP the games to the games folder you selected when installing the backup manager.

Doing what you suggest and copy the games to an external FAT32 formatted drive works too. Just remember that you have to split large files that exceeds the ~4GB file size limit of FAT32. There are apps to do that, but since I've never used an external drive on my ps3, I don't know which one's the best and so on. The loading speeds are a lot slower from external drives anyways, so you want to install the games to the internal drive.

Since you've been playing GT5, what version of the PS3 firmware do you have installed? If you got the latest one you can't downgrade and jailbreak afaik.

Ashler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
slickric33 said:
i am at 3.5 so i can downgrade and jb right, i thought you could only not jb at 3.55

You can downgrade if you're on 3.50, sure.

FYI though, doing so might make you lose BD movie playback, if you have a fat CECH-A through CECH-H (256mb NAND) PS3. If you don't use it to play BD movies you should be fine, if you do, I'd wait until there is a proper fix from the scene to re-enable your BD movie playback.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Also note that you should back everything up before downgrading, as all your files will be lost during the downgrade process.

And, one last thing, as far as I know you won't be able to play GT5 once you downgrade.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but then i could upgrade again to 3.5 again to play gt5 , then downgrade again as needed right. also is there any way to back up all system files like on the wii so if u brick it u can restore it or am i safe . if not how do i do this thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte