Hacking On Vita With 3.55 - Interested in TN-V

Cornholio309

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

I recently decided to break down and buy a Vita this Christmas. My reasoning being that I really want to play a couple of good ports on the system, and this includes indies such as Super Meat Boy or PS2 games I used to play as a kid such as Sly Cooper.

My reasoning for posting is that even though I'm on the latest firmware, ePSP apparently still works and there's a nice PSP game that can be grabbed for ten bucks. I completely understand that ePSP basically runs in a PSP enviornment but more limited, so I'm not expecting SNES emulators to magically run better than what they did on a Go. What I'm more curious about is the PS1 playback. More specifically, the Crash Bandicoot games are not available here in North America on the Playstation Store, so as a result Americans are sadly out of luck if they wish to play these games.

So you can probably guess my question, or questions rather:

- How well do the American releases of Crash 1, 2, 3, Team Racing, and Bash run? The best I can find is a rather outdated list that claims that Crash Bandicoot 1 works in TN-V v10, but 2 was broken in v10. I forget the status on 3 and CTR was only tested with the European release. There's a new version of TN-V out, so I'm curious if that's any better.

- Do PS1 games run at full speed? The sparse videos I've seen of TN-V running PS1 games seem to run fine and there are little to no audio issues, but I recall reading that TN-V apparently doesn't like every PS1 game Has this changed recently, or is it still the same? I might just pass on this if PS1 games have a good chance of not running at full speed, but I might be able to live with minor sound bugs.

- If a new firmware update comes out, how easy is it to retain TN-V? I'd kind of like to stay connected to PSN just for the indies and I don't really care much about modding this. My biggest goal is to get the Crash games that are otherwise unavailable on the North American market. So if a new update comes out and I have to update to use PSN again, is there usually a nice way to get TN-V working again?

Thank you for your time!

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried ps1 games games on TN-V since before 10 so I can't tell you about that. One time I saw an epsp exploit(at least if you had done it before the first update) survive like 3-4 updates and some times I've seen them stop working the very next update.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install TN-V on my vita that is 3.55? I want to be able to play free psp games on it. I heard that I need a ps3 to do so.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the game if it's not in the psn store?
Used to be a way to do it from a pc but found out that does not work anymore so you have to have a ps3. Sony always making things complicated.
type this in the ps store and hopefully it shows up on ps3. it shows up on pc when searched for.

Mimana Iyar Chronicle

Last edited by cvskid,

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used to be a way to do it from a pc but found out that does not work anymore so you have to have a ps3. Sony always making things complicated.
type this in the ps store and hopefully it shows up on ps3. it shows up on pc when searched for.

Mimana Iyar Chronicle
Too bad I don't have a ps3 :(. Thanks for helping though . I'll have to wait until a new exploit game comes out

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I appreciate the help you're trying to give, @cvskid, none of the replies you've given really answer any of my above questions.
My fault. For me when i use ps1 games for tn-v11 i get some slowdown in my games but they are not unplayable by any means. but in your case those are platformers so that can ruin the experience. There is no guarantee that tn-v will work on newer a firmware if you have it and update. You can however use vita update blocker for the first week or so that a new firmware is out to still have psn access until it is blocked again.

Worst case scenario is if they do lag and if you have a spare ps vita memory card you can get the games from a out of region psstore if you have any out of region psn accounts. Sorry for not being able to talk about those ps1 games specifically.

Last edited by cvskid,

Cornholio309

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fault. For me when i use ps1 games for tn-v11 i get some slowdown in my games but they are not unplayable by any means. but in your case those are platformers so that can ruin the experience. There is no guarantee that tn-v will work on newer a firmware if you have it and update. You can however use vita update blocker for the first week or so that a new firmware is out to still have psn access until it is blocked again.

No worries, man! Sorry for getting a little peeved.

In that case, it doesn't sound like it's worth it. I can't really find a whole lot of information about how well the games run, but considering how ePSP mode works and your advice, probably not as smooth as it should. I'll probably just drop the ten bucks on something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night