On my profile change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
I considered making a more overt message, but I chose not to over the already-high potential backlash that my bold decision would create. When reading this passage, do not be quick to make brash conjectures, take your time to digest and make your own civil conclusions. Constructive and respectful criticism regarding my writing is always encouraged.

The reason why I chose my image and my motto was to send a message.
Although we as humans tend to follow the consensus, the consensus isn’t always correct, and that manifests itself in misjudging things that have been considered “cursed” and as a result retract in discomfort and fear in response to the showing of such imagery. Such an image, in this case, would be the Swastika, once a symbol of peace and cycles, they have unfortunately been appropriated by a particular group and now represents the discord that the group sowed. Unfortunately, pre-third reich imagery of the swastika and the swastika itself is obscure in the dominant western perspective that the western hemisphere and Europe share, now most connotations of it are of its now hateful default, invoking fear and resulting anger upon most people viewing it.

But it doesn’t have to be this way, fear is just a barrier, and barriers are meant to be conquered. The COVID-19 pandemic taught us to properly conquer barriers, there needs to be swift and drastic changes in both ideology and action to be instated to the public. I have already discussed my ideologies, and the action that I took to embed that ideology, was that of actively canceling preconceptions in my mind regarding the imagery and learning about what that symbol is truly about. The repeated showing of the swastika did not increase my fear of it, but rather immunized me towards its presence and prepared me to harness its power for good. I believe that sufficient enough time has passed for people to heal and for knowledge to increase to begin to rehabilitate the swastika’s image.

The swastika is currently cursed, but any curse can be lifted, as long as the people have the knowledge and strength to undo it.

• Angry
Reactions: sombrerosonic

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fuck is this?

1671442229321.png

Its a hate symbol that was used by Nazi Germany in the 1940's and yes i knew it was a religion symbol long ago.

Staff is going to either change your icon or kick you off the planet

Last edited by sombrerosonic,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dude. Smarter, more learned, more eloquent people than you have tried to "take the swastika back" with little success. I agree it is a shame that thousands of years of history and symbolism got permanently tainted by a bunch of shitstains but it will not be reversed in our lifetime and your attempts here will just cause a shitstorm.
I notice none of the swastikas in your avatar are the Nazi one, but that is a distinction few here will notice or care about.
Please take your misguided activism somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM