Hacking Question On FW ≥3.0.0: Can I play legit games online without losing hacking options?

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Switch more than a year ago, but haven't gotten around to playing it at all, because I wanted to keep access to hacks and also be able to play legit game cards online. Is there a setup that allows this yet? Like an emuNAND that lets you play legit content online normally with no ban risk, while letting you use mods on the sysNAND? Or is there still no 100% safe way to play legit games while not giving up access to hacks?

I mainly just want to play a legit copy of Smash Ultimate when it comes out (preferably online, with the DLC) without locking my Switch out of homebrew / backup loading / cheats / etc.

Thanks for your time and for any helpful advice.

NOTE: I made an error in the title -- the "≥" should be a "≤".

Last edited by Smash Br0,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you don't want the headache of restoring NAND each time you want to play legit, then i suggest you to buy another switch only for legit games.emunand on sxos is not ban proof, nothing is ban proof unless you are restoring clean NAND.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating a ≤3.0.0 FW Switch to the latest firmware just to play Smash -- losing all access to hacks -- seems like a big waste to me.
I am a big fan of Smash mods (like Project M), so I definitely want in on Ultimate mods.

I can go without the ability to play online -- for now, I just want to play Smash Ultimate offline, without giving up hack access.

Can I do this with a legit physical copy of Ultimate, and a free CFW?
Or will the game card refuse to play until I update my system firmware?

Last edited by Smash Br0,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updating a ≤3.0.0 FW Switch to the latest firmware just to play Smash -- losing all access to hacks -- seems like a big waste to me.
I am a big fan of Smash mods (like Project M), so I definitely want in on Ultimate mods.

I can go without the ability to play online -- for now, I just want to play Smash Ultimate offline, without giving up hack access.

Can I do this with a legit physical copy of Ultimate, and a free CFW?
Or will the game card refuse to play until I update my system firmware?
You have to update to play
If you have a nand backup, you can update to 5.1.0-6.2.0 to be able to play smash on your switch using choidujourNX
Fuse will not be burnt because you will have autoRCM enable (you will need to send a payload to the switch to boot up)
If for any reason you want to get back in a older firmware you will be able to do (using nand restore or downgrade with ChoidujourNX)

In all case you have to be in 5.1.0 or more to play smash
For future update of the game you will need 6.2.0 or ignore firmware version with tinfoil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes