Hacking On firmware 3.2u

godlygb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touch my wii (no pun intended.) for about 3 years. Recently just brought it out from the closet and was planning on using it just for netflix. Its been hard modded (solderless chip, dont remeber the name) and softmodded. How do I download the netflix wad on there without updating the firmware or messing up my system? I have a very old homebrew channel on there.

godlygb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont mind updating as long if it doesnt mess up my wii. i have "backed up" about 30 games on my harddrive which i dont wanna render useless.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Solution: ModMii

Just use it and if you have any questions afterwards then we will gladly help, but at least do that first so we don't have to assume or figure out what things you are missing.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont mind updating as long if it doesnt mess up my wii. i have "backed up" about 30 games on my harddrive which i dont wanna render useless.
you will not mess up your wii. I would update with modmii. There is a link in my sig, and the guy who first replied sig. It'll ask some questions, just follow the guide. What app do you currently use to load your games

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the OP just wanted Netflix? I've never had Netflix myself, but I'm under the impression that you just download and install Netflix directly from the Shop Channel?

If the OP's system's outdated, why not just specify what they'll need in order to update the Shop Channel so they can download Netflix from it? Why suggest the roundabout way of using Modmii at all when you could simply let them know which specific files they'll need to download from NUS Downloader?

OP, you can update your Shop Channel by downloading the latest IOS56 and Shop Channel wad from NUS Downloader.

godlygb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished using modmii, what a great software. surprise how much the wii community advanced since the last time i was here. Got everything working cheers :)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs