Hacking On a scale of 1 to 10 how screwed am I with this gateway card?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds wouldnt have a restore NAND feature would it? Would it ever be capable of such a thing?
Asking because i did a nand backup on 9.2, then accidently upgraded to 9.6, and i want to know what my options are
How did you accidentally upgrade, if I may ask?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'd have thought that OMC would do them seeing as they offer unbricking, and it's not like it takes long to do especially on the old XL.

But yeah contact me if you want [user]EmceeKerser[/user] and see if we can work something out. :)

I got a new soldering iron that needs some work (Hakko FX-888D), and some more parts and other bits n pieces coming in so do it for someone else. :)

Thanks for the offer, but Im actually thinking of doing it myself, bought supplies today, gonna start practicing, shouldnt be too bad, i have a tiny bit of experience

How did you accidentally upgrade, if I may ask?

It was 2am, i was tired, misread a post saying to update your emunand THEN go to the eshop, and i thought it said update your Emunand THROUGH the eshop :(

Reactions: Margen67

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the offer, but Im actually thinking of doing it myself, bought supplies today, gonna start practicing, shouldnt be too bad, i have a tiny bit of experience
Not a problem. :) As i said, the old XL is pretty easy if you have any sort of soldering experience, the hardest part is probably soldering to the micro usb connector pins (if you're using that), they're damn small. haha

Reactions: Margen67

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a problem. :) As i said, the old XL is pretty easy if you have any sort of soldering experience, the hardest part is probably soldering to the micro usb connector pins (if you're using that), they're damn small. haha

I bought about 10 or 20 of males and females from ebay, so we'll see how that goes haha. I tried Jaycar, but they didnt have them, where do you get yours?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought about 10 or 20 of males and females from ebay, so we'll see how that goes haha. I tried Jaycar, but they didnt have them, where do you get yours?

Ah ok. Yeah i get most of my stuff off ebay too unless i need something in a day or 2 then i just get it from element14 if jaycar doesn't have it (which they don't 90% of the time).

Reactions: EmceeKerser

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I'd have thought that OMC would do them seeing as they offer unbricking, and it's not like it takes long to do especially on the old XL.

But yeah contact me if you want [user]EmceeKerser[/user] and see if we can work something out. :)

I got a new soldering iron that needs some work (Hakko FX-888D), and some more parts and other bits n pieces coming in so do it for someone else. :)
This is the second person I've recommend get in contact with you about hard modding. But I haven't actually established whether or not you actually offer the service to people.

Is it okay for me to keep sending Aussies keen to get it done your way?

To my knowledge, you're the only Australian member that has performed the procedure (thanks to your signature). So I've got you bookmarked as the guy to get in contact with to getting my own old3DS XL modded, when I get my shit together.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the second person I've recommend get in contact with you about hard modding. But I haven't actually established whether or not you actually offer the service to people.

Is it okay for me to keep sending Aussies keen to get it done your way?

To my knowledge, you're the only Australian member that has performed the procedure (thanks to your signature). So I've got you bookmarked as the guy to get in contact with to getting my own old3DS XL modded, when I get my shit together.

Yeah that's fine i guess. :)
As for actually offering the service, yeah i guess if someone asks haha I don't have a problem with it. :)

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was 2am, i was tired, misread a post saying to update your emunand THEN go to the eshop, and i thought it said update your Emunand THROUGH the eshop :(
I see. That sucks, too bad that this problem isn't more well known. There should be a sticky with don'ts so that people make these kind of mistakes less often.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a problem, bought alot of extra's because im expecting to break a few. Is it a tight fit? or do they slide in fairly easily?

Not too tight, just about a perfect fit to be honest. Slide in fairly easy, and a bit of hot glue to hold it in place after making sure it works fine does the trick. :)

Reactions: EmceeKerser

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Every time I read the title of this thread, I go....

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:1163448

:P

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to open the 3ds XL today, my #00 phillips had a fucked head so i need to get a new one, is flat head easier or phillips?
A single PH00 phillips works for almost the entire thing just make sure to get a decent one that really fits the screw heads well!

Even better then hot glue if you want a really permanent solution is epoxy but that's a one shot sort of deal, where with hot glue just dowse in alcohol and you will be able to remove it just fine. As for the microUSB since you are getting your own heads try not to use the Vcc pin :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *burp*