On 3.36 and want to play PSP ISOs

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by replicashooter, Sep 4, 2015.

1. replicashooter
    OP

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Man this whole scene is complicated, situation is this:

I've got a US Vita (and PSN account) thats on 3.36 at the moment, can't go online to the PSN and buy anything as it won't let me on without updating so I'll have to use a PS3 to access to the store and purchase which game?

Is the pool game still on there and is it exploit friendly so it will allow me to boot PSP ISOs? A bit of clarification and a link to a tutorial would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/playstation-vita-hacking-news-overview-faq.341851/

go there it's the top sticky on the psvita hacking homebrew thread.

you will see a chart with a list of games for 3.36 and below if one of those said games is available then get one that corresponds to the hack you'd want. you mentioned. you have a ps3 go on the PSN with that and look for those games. and if available get one and then follow another guide located on the Temp as to copying it over to your VITA from PS3.

replicashooter likes this.
  3. replicashooter
    OP

Jun 16, 2006
    Many thanks for that my friend.

The confusion arose as I'd read that Sony pull the exploited games after the hacks leak so was wondering how those listed are still available and if they haven't been patched?

I don't have a PS3 but can borrow one but for now I think I'm going to stick to the new exploit thats coming out just to keep things simple.

Much appreciated.

Last edited by replicashooter, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    The new exploit isnt good, stay on 3.36
    you will have to check your region psn to see if you can purchase the game, if the game isnt up anymore it will say add to wishlist, or request this game rather than add to cart
    the psp games themselves cannot be patched, sony patches them in the firmware instead

5. replicashooter
    OP

Jun 16, 2006
    Thank you, which game do you recommend for 3.36 via the US PSN as the linked list states that Pool Hall Pro isn't available and I don't currently have a PS3 to access and check myself.

Also, how do you know about the new exploit as it hasn't been released yet? :moogle:

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  7. replicashooter
    OP

Jun 16, 2006
    Superb, will check that out. Thanks.

What is the difference between ark and tnv11?

Also according to qwiks twitter the USA exploit game is Pool Hall Pro but in the list linked above it says its no longer on PSN, if you have access to the US PSN could you check to see if that title is on there as it seems to be the favourite for exploits.

8. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    store.playstation

still shows it for sale 3.99$ with "add to cart" I checked via url website not with a ps3/Vita
    so Idk if it's still buy-able.

and I'm in USA if that helps for the region availibility

EDIT: for 3.50 I'd go for ape escape as mentioned above or the king of pool or whatever it's called. those are the only 2 games left for USA region exploits. and Idk the psn avalidity of those said titles. on the graph it shows "YES" as they are buy-able.

for 3.36 there are a few that remain available 2 to be exact "hot brain" and "numblast" both of those exploits offer (bubbles+ecfw) although bubbles aren't needed IMO.

all games that I mentioned are in that graph and are marked "YES" for availibility but the list is old and outdated so I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate.

sorry for so many edits I had to keep correcting myself.

Last edited by [^Blark^], Sep 14, 2015