on 11.3 and i still have online

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by epickid37, Apr 13, 2017.

1. epickid37
    OP

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    just a random comment, but i got the update nag, so i updated luma and made a nand backup so i could update and play online. After that i checked on my games and i discovered that i can still play online games, why is this? i'm still on 11.3 and should not be able to play online due to me being on an outdated firmware.

2. marbles73

marbles73 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    Canada
    nvm

Last edited by marbles73, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    1: the minimum friends driver version is enforced server-side, and this check is not updated on the instant a new update is released (a few days of tolerance are common)

2: Luma has a patch that spoofs this version, exactly so that you can still go online (for multiplayer, at least) without updating any system titles. Since you have updated Luma to a 11.4 compatible version...

4. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    Some games force system update, and some do not. Smash 4 still does not, and I am currently on stable Luma for the Neos and USM-eM mods. Pokemon S&M probably do, but I haven't bothered trying because Gen 7 was a real disappointment in my opinion.

5. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    can still play pokemon moon online on 11.3

goldensun87 likes this.
  6. rafaeloz

rafaeloz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Burkina Faso
    I'll wait a few days too. I don't play much online .