United States
Here's a screenshot:

punch-out_arcade.gif

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
::sigh:: i knew this was bs, but realistically why havent they come out with a punch out game since the snes..was looked at as one of nintendo's best franchises at the time

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teH XeRO said:
::sigh:: i knew this was bs, but realistically why havent they come out with a punch out game since the snes..was looked at as one of nintendo's best franchises at the time

I feel you, that and Super Metroid should be ported to the DS. I understood why not on the GBA...but the DS has the exact amount of buttons needed. Why are they still not putting it on the DS!?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My idea has always been for Ninty to release an extra-special Punch-Out compilation for the DS. The NES and SNES versions in classic and enhanced modes (enhanced adding touchscreen controls and maybe improved graphics) and the already dual-screened arcade version (pictured above) all in one awesome cart.

As far as I know, there has NEVER been an "official" home release of arcade Punch-Out game (MAME doesn't count). The DS is so uniquely suited to it that it boggles the mind why the fools at Nintendo haven't done it already.

And Ninty not making a 2D Metroid on the DS is another WTF moment.

Sometimes I think Ninty just has their heads up their asses.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah.. I don't know why a Punch Out DS isn't out yet? The original arcade game already used 2 screens.. it was a great game on both NES and SNES.. I would love to see a new version :/

Rayder said:
And Ninty not making a 2D Metroid on the DS is another WTF moment.

Sometimes I think Ninty just has their heads up their asses.

Well.. I have to agree that Nintendo is losing a lot of good opportunities to make money here.. but I also have to say that you can just give everything that the fanboys want.. if things worked like that, we would have 10 Final Fantasy 7 sequels and a Smash Bros game with every Nintendo character ever made by now
tongue.gif

It's like a band playing on a concert, what if instead of playing the planned set list they just played whatever the hell people shouted at them!? Now that wouldn't go well would it?

You have to plan well this kind of stuff.. you can just do like Activision and Ubisoft do.. "Oh! People liked Guitar Hero! So lets make 2 new GH games every year now!".. that just kills the franchise :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone