ROM Hack OMG! LINK YOUR SUPERCARD MOONSHELL WITH A SLOT1 CARD!!&#33

• Thread starter Deleted-119707
  • Start date
  • Views 2,582
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted-119707

OP
I was thinking 'can you use a slot2 moonshell and access media from slot1'.
i knew this could be possible. so i started doing some experiment.
and came up with a conclusion. IT WORKS.

1.install the slot1 version of moonshell onto your supercard.
2.install the supercard version of moonshell onto your supercard.
3.make sure you have moonshell installed correctly onto your slot one card.
4.make sure you have films/images/music etc on the slot one.
5.run moonshell on the supercard( the moonshell for the slot one)
6. BANG, you can watch films/music/images that are on your slot one card from your supercard!
7.soft reset on moonshell for the slot1 that is on the supercard, reboots it to the slot1 main menu.
8.install the supercard moonshell onto your slot1 card. (so you have both versions of moonshell on the slot1 and supercard.
go on different version of moonshell to boot up what you want. supercard/slot1.

Note-Install the moon shell with the boot .nds box checked.(only for slot2)
-----------------
Confirmed compatibility
R4ds Supercard SD

need testers as i dont have other flash carts. credit will be given.
FOUND BY ME -Nicky041192-

D

Deleted-119707

OP
TESTERS NEEDED.

USE DIFFERENT SLOT1 AND SLOT2 CARDS AND USE DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS AND POST IN HERE WHETHER IT WORKS.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured this out a few months ago when I ran an R4 patched Moonshell on my M3 Lite, but that was with no SDHC in the M3. I tried it with my 4GB SDHC in the M3 Lite and running Moonshell off of the R4, and it didn't work. So pretty much: M3 Lite->R4=OK, R4->M3 Lite=OK, and R4->M3 Lite with SDHC=No. I'm pretty sure it will work between any carts with DLDI, as long as the card you run it from doesn't have auto DLDI patching. Even then, most auto DLDI carts can disable the DLDI with a key press or something. I know you can disable it on the CycloDS Evo and the EDGE by holding Select when you launch the homebrew.

P

pasc

OP
pikadude1006 said:
I figured this out a few months ago when I ran an R4 patched Moonshell on my M3 Lite, but that was with no SDHC in the M3. I tried it with my 4GB SDHC in the M3 Lite and running Moonshell off of the R4, and it didn't work. So pretty much: M3 Lite->R4=OK, R4->M3 Lite=OK, and R4->M3 Lite with SDHC=No. I'm pretty sure it will work between any carts with DLDI, as long as the card you run it from doesn't have auto DLDI patching. Even then, most auto DLDI carts can disable the DLDI with a key press or something. I know you can disable it on the CycloDS Evo and the EDGE by holding Select when you launch the homebrew.
using psychowoods dldi tool you can even lock out the mechanism after patching it for preventing autopatching altogether.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not that complicated. If you patch the moonshell.nds file (or any .nds file for that matter) with the DLDI driver for the slot 2 cart, you can run it from slot 1 and access the files in slot 2 (or vice versa). You will need to put the moonshl folder on the same cart that you want to put the media files on.

Note that if the cart you're running the .nds file from has autopatching you'll need to use NoAutoPatch (this is built in to DLDI Right Click).

p.s. Your avatar and sig are both over the file size limit.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed you can.

Congratulations on "discovering" something the was tried as soon as dldi came out
tongue.gif

There's even a "Dual DLDI" Dual slot file browser.

Also, MAD CAPITALS are hard to read and don't be a credit whore. Unless you spent your own time writing it, it's not really yours to keep.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, very old news. NDS games have no clue where they're launched from, so once they're launched it's all up to the DLDI file to dictate where the media files are. This has been known for a while.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
It's not that complicated. If you patch the moonshell.nds file (or any .nds file for that matter) with the DLDI driver for the slot 2 cart, you can run it from slot 1 and access the files in slot 2 (or vice versa). You will need to put the moonshl folder on the same cart that you want to put the media files on.

Note that if the cart you're running the .nds file from has autopatching you'll need to use NoAutoPatch (this is built in to DLDI Right Click).

p.s. Your avatar and sig are both over the file size limit.

exactly.

OP: no need to complicate things

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
I was thinking 'can you use a slot2 moonshell and access media from slot1'.
i knew this could be possible. so i started doing some experiment.
and came up with a conclusion. IT WORKS.

1.install the slot1 version of moonshell onto your supercard.
2.install the supercard version of moonshell onto your supercard.
3.make sure you have moonshell installed correctly onto your slot one card.
4.make sure you have films/images/music etc on the slot one.
5.run moonshell on the supercard( the moonshell for the slot one)
6. BANG, you can watch films/music/images that are on your slot one card from your supercard!
7.soft reset on moonshell for the slot1 that is on the supercard, reboots it to the slot1 main menu.
8.install the supercard moonshell onto your slot1 card. (so you have both versions of moonshell on the slot1 and supercard.
go on different version of moonshell to boot up what you want. supercard/slot1.

Note-Install the moon shell with the boot .nds box checked.(only for slot2)
-----------------
Confirmed compatibility
R4ds Supercard SD

need testers as i dont have other flash carts. credit will be given.
FOUND BY ME -Nicky041192-
Dude... OLD NEWZ......
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is