Omaha City shooting.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I hate to say it, 8 people no longer seems like a lot after this year's Virginia Tech shooting. But still sad.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I hate to say it, 8 people no longer seems like a lot after this year's Virginia Tech shooting. But still sad.

Well it's not really something we should compare. Any loss of life in this way is tragic. But if we were to compare this to Virginia Tech, and then Virginia Tech to 9/11, and then 9/11 to the thousands upon thousands who die in Africa every day... there's always going to be a tragedy on a larger scale out there.
frown.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well it's not really something we should compare. Any loss of life in this way is tragic. But if we were to compare this to Virginia Tech, and then Virginia Tech to 9/11, and then 9/11 to the thousands upon thousands who die in Africa every day... there's always going to be a tragedy on a larger scale out there.
frown.gif

I know, I'm just saying that after Virginia Tech, any of these kind of shootings seem insignificant now. Before I would think "8 people dead?", but now I think "Thank goodness it was only 8 people".

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I know, I'm just saying that after Virginia Tech, any of these kind of shootings seem insignificant now. Before I would think "8 people dead?", but now I think "Thank goodness it was only 8 people".

Hm, I see what you mean. And I hope no one takes your comments out of context. You have a point there, your mindset on this does change with time. It's a sad world where we could get to the point where we're glad it was only 8 people, rather than 20, or 40.
frown.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Hm, I see what you mean. And I hope no one takes your comments out of context. You have a point there, your mindset on this does change with time. It's a sad world where we could get to the point where we're glad it was only 8 people, rather than 20, or 40.
frown.gif
I look at it a bit differently. It's yet another young man going on a killing spree. Although this may sound insensitive, the number of victims is less important. That it's lesser than in some cases is very small consolation. This one was on a smaller scale, but the next one may be bigger. The fact that it happened at all is significant, much more than the net result. (Man, this sounds horrible when I say it like that. I hope you understand what I mean.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2