Gaming oldies being revived, what could come next?

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After so many years a new kid icarus game is finally being released this month. Does this mean we can hope for some more nintendo heroes to be revived? And on our amazing 3ds consoles to boot? I personally miss my earthbound games... and what about the ice climbers? Can we expect to finally see popo and nana in somthing besides smash bros? Lets hear what yall think, what kind of revive is as needed as kid icaruses was?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
defender II (side scrolling shooter & rescue game). i play a current-gen shmup called Beat Hazard from Steam and I freaking love it (but it really isn't like defender, and you don't rescue anyone), if they could make a real defender 3D remake that'd be great... but i'd settle for the 3D Classic. either way, analogue steering on a scrolling shooter is :wub:

twinbee / xevious for 3DS have satisfied my desire for a vertical scrolling shooter as a 3D Classic for now, i'd like to see galaga though.

couldn't think of anything that actually had heroes in it that could really make it into the field of remake-possibility.. mike tyson's punch out and the adventures of lolo are/were great but i can't see any potential in a current gen remake.
i loved Duck Hunt, it'd be really cool if they could use gyro for targeting in a remake of duck hunt.

Double Dragon?? how about that one. That has some potential, I'd say? I imagine something halfway between Ninja Gaiden and GTA without vehicles..

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The backwards "L" block from Tetris should also be given more work, he was great in that.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see Faxanadu make a return. Make it happen, Konami!

Reactions: 1 person

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love xevious 3D :D i think a really cool remake would be a new excitebike. Such a simple game could explode with potential with a right mindset. Oh and a new fzero for sure. Faster paced action in 3D would be awesomesauce. Plus with the return of donkey kong country, maybe we can expect to see a handheld? The original donkey kongs for the gameboy were great.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I love xevious 3D i think a really cool remake would be a new excitebike. Such a simple game could explode with potential with a right mindset. Oh and a new fzero for sure. Faster paced action in 3D would be awesomesauce. Plus with the return of donkey kong country, maybe we can expect to see a handheld? The original donkey kongs for the gameboy were great.
There is always Excitebike World Rally, which is pretty much what you described. It's an awesome remake of Excitebike, for Wii.

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I now this isn't old, and i'm going to get hated for wishing this.
But... I loved Krystal from Starfox Adventures, but there were some many things left unanswered. (Her home planet getting destroyed, her being the last og her kind.)
So i would love a game Revolving around Krystal, in the same ''Zeldaish'' Adventures was.

But if i have to choose an oldie... i would say Tin Star! :P

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... I loved Krystal from Starfox Adventures, but there were some many things left unanswered. (Her home planet getting destroyed, her being the last og her kind.)
So i would love a game Revolving around Krystal, in the same ''Zeldaish'' Adventures was.

*Looks at everyother star fox characters shallow background*
*facepalms*

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Earthbound 64 3D, nuff said.

Fix'd

*Looks at everyother star fox characters shallow background*
*facepalms*

Hey!
We all have guilty pleasures!
Right?... Right?....
Oh screw it, I'm going to 'nam!

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i forgot about world rally.... silly chavo. I do beleive wat the starfox series needs, is a sequel to starfox assault like the gamecube. By far my total favorite. Online versus in 3d? Count me in, ill blaze you all down in my wolfen thank you very much.

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh i forgot about world rally.... silly chavo. I do beleive wat the starfox series needs, is a sequel to starfox assault like the gamecube. By far my total favorite. Online versus in 3d? Count me in, ill blaze you all down in my wolfen thank you very much.

Yeah, i would like a new starfox game too.
Had my expections held high back when the wii was announced, but... Still no Starfox game.
But i hope they will announce something this summer at E3.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
If oldies from the NES era, i'd love nothing more than a 3D classics of Jackal, with multiplay! that game was awesome.

EDIT: also, Wing Commander! Nothing like a true blue space flight simulator to take advantage of the 3D!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol