Oldest file on your harddrive?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Drink the Bleach, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Some of you might have me beat, but I'm kind of impressed at the age of some of my files that have survived multiple PC's and have been untouched in parts of my older harddrives which are now over a decade old.

I have tons of saved music, pictures, and gifs that paint a picture of "the times"
    Saved memes that were lost in time. Only a word for a meme wasn't a word for what they are now. Youtube wasn't a thing and we were still living in a world of 30-second quicktime videos.

I have an unknown music file created/edited/ripped by some flash content all the way back in 1999, when I was using Windows 98SE. Back when the internet was new to me and AOL's "new" 4.0 blew my fucking mind over the features and changes they added in over the older version.

I'm sure some of you have been using Windows even longer than I, when Netscape was dominating. But, have a few rougue files and folders somehow survived the test of time and are now on your current PC through bulk-transfering?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I probably could do a fair approximation of http://xkcd.com/1360/ if I dug out some old hard drives. Instead I make a habit of deleting everything and starting over every couple of years.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    In terms of Date last modified, it would have to be this one
    [​IMG]

(Don't even know what game this music is originally from)

But that was downloaded like less than a week ago if that.

4. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    The oldest stuff that I brought along to my newer hard drives with USB stick is probably some Super Smash Bros Melee Soundtracks i ripped off Youtube or my PSP CFW stuff.

5. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    I have some really old stuff on my 3mb harddrive. Too bad I can't access it since I don't have SCSI.