Gaming Older Titles Coming Back On WiiU?

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through the WiiU section here and wondered what people would think if older games got remade for the WiiU. Like Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls, etc? I'd personally be really glad to see Nintendo getting older games that were never made for Wii, but were great on the HD consoles. I doubt a lot of this would happen, what with production costs and all, but what do yall think? I'd buy Skyrim for WiiU, even though I have it on PS3 just because that game was so great. Of course that would require it being ported first though...

Reactions: 1 person

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... the X-box 360 has pretty similar archetecture as the Wii U, and from what we've heard about the SDK for it, it's on par with current PS3/X-box 360 ones, it wouldn't be difficult for them to do ports.

I'd honestly expect the first year of the Wii U to have at least a few ports (enhanced or not) as that's easy money for publishers. It's also a way to ease companies that didn't bother much with the Wii back into the fold.

D

Deleted_171835

Err, I wouldn't be interested. I can already play those on the PC.

Well... the X-box 360 has pretty similar archetecture as the Wii U, and from what we've heard about the SDK for it, it's on par with current PS3/X-box 360 ones, it wouldn't be difficult for them to do ports.fold.
On par? It's more powerful and from what I garner, it should be getting ports from the PS4/720.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, I wouldn't be interested. I can already play those on the PC.

Well... the X-box 360 has pretty similar archetecture as the Wii U, and from what we've heard about the SDK for it, it's on par with current PS3/X-box 360 ones, it wouldn't be difficult for them to do ports.fold.
On par? It's more powerful and from what I garner, it should be getting ports from the PS4/720.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my meaning, I meant the SDK (software development kit) was developed far enough, and was as easy to program for as the current X-box360 and PS3. Meaning it wouldn't be hard for them to port the games they already have on those systems ;) Sorry for the confusion.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though I could play every game I care to play right now on a PC, I'd rather have it on a home console. I've grown up with them and I just can't come to enjoy pc as much as wii or ps3 and eventually wiiU. That's why I'd rather have ports than buy the PC version, but It would be nice to have them cheaper but developers won't do that.

Give Wind Waker in HD and I'm a happy man!
I second this. XD

...and I Third this. :P It be cool to have it in HD or in a classic pack dlc.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't really remake Wind Waker.
Why not?
Different puzzles, monster, land mases/places,items etc
Throw some kind of twist in there. :P

I don't think it needs a remake. Have you looked at it in an emulator like Dolphin?
Because of the cel-shaded graphics, it still looks perfect!
Doesn't need too,but it would just be sweet. :P
No, but I have seen it in 3d. :P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't really remake Wind Waker.
Why not?
Different puzzles, monster, land mases/places,items etc
Throw some kind of twist in there. :P
It wouldn't really be Wind Waker then.

Can't wait for The Legend of Zelda: Breeze Arouser.

And I don't see anything really getting "backported" to the Wii U ("backported" meaning games that aren't necessarily "old enough" to qualify for a port and "new enough" to disqualify them for a remake or anything of the sort). Odds are most of the people who wanted to play some of these older games already have a console for it, I doubt they'd hold out for the Wii U, especially if there's no indication it'd even come there.

Plus, what's the point? What'd you get out of it? Maybe some slightly improved graphics if you're lucky and some touchscreen menus or poorly done touchscreen segments? Not interested.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I don't see anything really getting "backported" to the Wii U ("backported" meaning games that aren't necessarily "old enough" to qualify for a port and "new enough" to disqualify them for a remake or anything of the sort). Odds are most of the people who wanted to play some of these older games already have a console for it, I doubt they'd hold out for the Wii U, especially if there's no indication it'd even come there.

Plus, what's the point? What'd you get out of it? Maybe some slightly improved graphics if you're lucky and some touchscreen menus or poorly done touchscreen segments? Not interested.
For the people who either didn't have/want the other consoles or just want more/most games closer towards the console of their preference.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I could see several games packaged together at a discount for the Wii U. For example, at last year's E3 we were told that Nintendo would be getting Batman: Arkham City...That's nothing to get excited about, but what if Wii U got both Arkham Asylum and City at a $30 price point with all included DLC? I'd say that's a pretty impossible to resist deal if you hadn't gotten a chance to play those games previously.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the people who either didn't have/want the other consoles or just want more/most games closer towards the console of there preference.

If you were really holding out for 5 years on all these games you wanted, hoping that Nintendo would somehow produce a console that'd get all these, then you're obviously mentally ill and should seek help immediately.

Like I guess I'll concede waiting to get Wii U versions of recently released games because you want the Wii U and there's no sense buying it for another console, I get that. But getting a game that has been out for quite a while with no intention of a Wii U port is just plainly stupid. By now, if you wanted to play all these games, you'd just buy yourself a Xbox 360 or PS3 or a nice computer.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For the people who either didn't have/want the other consoles or just want more/most games closer towards the console of there preference.

If you were really holding out for 5 years on all these games you wanted, hoping that Nintendo would somehow produce a console that'd get all these, then you're obviously mentally ill and should seek help immediately.

Like I guess I'll concede waiting to get Wii U versions of recently released games because you want the Wii U and there's no sense buying it for another console, I get that. But getting a game that has been out for quite a while with no intention of a Wii U port is just plainly stupid. By now, if you wanted to play all these games, you'd just buy yourself a Xbox 360 or PS3 or a nice computer.

Some people just don't want to buy more than one console in a generation and hope some of these older games will come out on the WiiU. Plus, with the ability to download content and hopefully the WiiU will have a HDD that is large enough to store a lot of content (unlike the Wii), it is very possible that developers would put older games up as DLC, like how you can get LittleBig Planet on PSN store and whatnot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself