Hacking Older r4i 3DS card with new 3DS xl on newest fw?

tpaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello friends,

here is the situation:

I bought a R4i 3DS card around 2 years ago. I didn't owned a 3DS back then, so I haven't touched the flashcard back then. I don't even know which card it exactly is, I think it's not the RTS one, it looks like an older version:

1_r4i3dstwuqb.jpg

Today I got a New 3DS XL with the newest firmware, and I would love to use this card to play some NDS games, but I'm not sure if this card is still supported. If I put it in my N3DSXL, I get "One error has occured... bla". Is there any way to update this card? Where do I get the updates? It seems like the are only updates for the R4i 3DS RTS card on r4ids.cn and it is diffictult to find more info since there are so many flascards out there.

I hope you can help me with my issue, thanks in advance.

Regards,

tpaxx

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same card but it has RTS printed on it. Just load up the Wood firmware from the site. (Not the deluxe edition as that is a GW clone). Reformat your mSD with SD Formatter v4 from sd card.org if necessary. Plug it in and play.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have the same card but it has RTS printed on it. Just load up the Wood firmware from the site. (Not the deluxe edition as that is a GW clone). Reformat your mSD with SD Formatter v4 from sd card.org if necessary. Plug it in and play.

Ooh, for ds games huh? how much do those R4 card go for over there?
I could get one as I do love me some DS games altho I have got an emulator also so its not too big a deal

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most ds flashcarts go to roughly $10

DStwo is the only exception. Out of print so goes probably closer to $100?

tpaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Thanks for the help so far. I put the newest wood (1.64) on the mSD card, but I get an error on the 3DS as far as I start the card from the home menu. The device tells me that an error has occured and that I have to hold my power button to shut down the device, right after the start even before I see any progress. It looks like the flashcard is blocked by the 3DS. Any suggestions?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
most likely blocked, flip the card over and check what revision it is, they have made like 20 revisions of the card which can only be found by the letter on the PCB visible by the contacts

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help so far. I put the newest wood (1.64) on the mSD card, but I get an error on the 3DS as far as I start the card from the home menu. The device tells me that an error has occured and that I have to hold my power button to shut down the device, right after the start even before I see any progress. It looks like the flashcard is blocked by the 3DS. Any suggestions?
Well maybe that is awsome how different or one of ours is a fake. Who knows? Reformat the Sd card like I suggested and if that does not work you can try this

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-use-blocked-ds-flashcards-on-3ds-probably-n3ds-too.376719/

Make sure the launcher is in the root of the mSD. _DSMENU.BIN or something like that.

tpaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the Revision C card, it looks like it is blocked by my 3DS. I read somewhere else, that I first have to find a DS or 3DS with an older firmware, use it to update my r4i and then I could use the r4i on the newest fw. Sadly I don't have an older DS handy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol