Older modded wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bumper, Jun 18, 2011.

Jun 18, 2011

Older modded wii by Bumper at 6:10 AM (521 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Bumper
    OP

Newcomer Bumper Member

United Kingdom
    Hmm guys.

I modded my wii 2 days after i bought it almost 2 years ago and tbh at the time i did it using a few guides from here n there, works like a dream, had to update it once to to get that call of duty to play can't remember what it was to the letterbut never had a prob since.

Now i read almost everywhere that i must run my hb through ios58, my hb i am still running through ios61 v2129, usb loading is fine wiimc is fine not found a backup game it won't play since call of duty, so was wondering what would be the advantage of using modmii to update.

Regards

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    honestly all you really need to update is you IOS/cIOS with modmii. It offers improvements to the old as well as install IOS 58. BTW after you install IOS 58 reinstall the HBC.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The thing with IOS58 is that some games rely on it natively (e.g. your shape or rocket sports party), which means that nintendo cannot stub it like they do with system menu IOS'es. That makes the homebrew that uses it a bit more future proof, but aside from it not having to rely on bugged or hacked versions of IOS, it's pretty much the same.

Oh, and modmii is just an easy 'swiss knife'-sort of program. If it's just to install IOS58, you can just as well use this piece of homebrew. It's pretty straightforward. [​IMG]
    (and indeed: reinstall the latest version of the HBC afterward so it'll use that)