Older games suddenly stopped working on my 360 (iXtreme LT)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by misticknight, May 27, 2011.

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I cant really say when this would've started as i havent played my games in a while but recently i tried to load my copy of Halo Reach, which worked beautifully before but now it says "Disc unable to be read" whenever i load the game. and its not like the disc is scratched its in perfect condition, and i use Verbatim to. Same thing is happening with MW2, GeOW2 andsome other older games. LA Noire is working fine, and so is FIFA 11. anyone know whats going on, i dont want to reburn the games and waste another DL only to find it doing the same thing.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Afaik It has something to do with AP 2.5 and the latest dashboard from what I read anyway. I could be wrong though m8.

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Correct. Dashboard 12625 adds AP25 protection into Black Ops, MW2, and Halo Reach.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    So are they the only 3 games effected? i sorta panicked with 2 games in a row didnt work and thought all older games stopped, if its just them i can live with it.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The next dash update changes everything but yeah before that only 6 games have AP2.5 with those three Fudge mentioned being added in a later dash update (the initial three being NFS hot pursuit, Fable 3 and Assassin's creed brotherhood).

In light of this next dash I suggest you hand back and wait to see what happens- you are going to need to reburn a lot of games and update the drive firmware so no sense wasting a few discs only to have to do it again.
    Still if you want update your drive to LT+ and grab AP2.5 patches for your version, patch the iso and burn that.

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Nah ill just wait for the next update and see what happens. thanks for the help.

7. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    i hope some variant of ixtreme is released for us offliners so need for reburning or anything

something along the lines of 1.6 NS hopefully.

8. iceissocold

Newcomer iceissocold Advanced Member

United States
    Which version of LT are you using? If its not the latest and you popped in a backup copy of an AP enabled game then you pretty much flagged yourself to be banned. :/ If you have the latest LT and have previous patched those games with their unique AP Challenge data or haven't then you're safe no matter what and just have to reburn the games. If you have updated to the most recent Dashboard update (2.0.13146.0) then your drive has been reflashed to stock firmware (unable to load backups for play) then you will have to wait until a new iXtreme firmware is release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_system_software

9. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Not going to happen. No ap2.5/incorrect ap2.5, game won't boot. Nothing the firmware can do about it. 1.6 ns was different and simply didn't check anything, so if it was missing stealth sectors etc it would still boot, but they were optional for live safety, the disc didn't need them to play, it was just stopped by the firmware if they were missing. Ap2.5 is not optional, without it or with incorrect data the console won't boot them.

If you just want to play offline with minimum of fuss, get a jtag [​IMG].

10. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    fast, could you give more details on this new dash in the pipeline? i've heard references to the dash re flashing the dvd drive's firmware back to stock but it all sounded a bit far fetched

11. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is not in the pipeline any more; I am not sure if it quite finished rolling out everywhere yet but most places (certainly US, Europe and Japan) have it and need it to go on Live.

It flashes the DVD drive back to stock for most models and then upgrades it to a new official firmware to support the new XDG3 format that is coming up (only the beta invite discs of Halo Reach have it so far). This in and of itself disables backup reading although if you do not care about Live you should be able to flash back to LT for the meantime to play non AP2.5 titles (AP2.5 appears to have to be redumped and the games reburned but it is still just the usual 6- early speculation was everything that had the potential for AP2.5 support might be activated. New 0800 firmwares are well under way to do this). However because of this new OFW to be safe the custom firmwares have to be rebuilt with this as a base which is presently underway for the various drives that need it.

http://c4evaspeaks.com/ has a rough overview of how it applies to individual drives (note aside from the 0800 stuff all the drives from Lite-On 9504 are 360 slim drives). Also note that although some firmwares are rebuilt with the new OFW as a base most look like they will not be supporting XDG3 for a little while.
    Team xecuter has some more on some of the more general stuff.
    http://team-xecuter.com/new-dash-update-in...-unlock-update/

I have no idea if and when XDG3 will become a standard format used by games. Theoretically it could appear tomorrow as per waves discs (or at least when the next wave hits) but again no idea when it will hit.

12. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    thanks fast :-) glad there's people like you around to digest this stuff for people like me