[OLD3DSXL] Refusing to Play 3DS Games Original Cartridge or .cia

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Redirr, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    It's a OLD 3DS XL Mario Edition.
    Brand New.

Resuming :

I'll create a long text here.

I got today this console. It's wont play games. No matter if original or .cia installed with CFW Luma3DS

What's happens?

Simple, it's start the game, show menus, show save, show initial scene like Mario 3D LAND. But when its come to play the game, it's crashed and says " A error ocurried, console will be restarted " something like that.

I tried Original Cartridge, Donkey Kong (Crash after entering map ), tried Mario 3D LAND ( Crash after cut scene ends ) tried Super Smash B. ( Crash in character menu ).

This is original Cartridge in sysnand with 9.2.0-18U

But i setup emuNAND and updated to 11.0 and install games, any game crash some part. The .cia are not the ones extrated from my original Cartridge its from internet, same games Cartridge or .cia crash.

Funny fact i let SuperSmash Bross stop menu, and it's shows many scene, include game play and works verywell, but after a time it's crash...

It's a Factory defect?

Another thing i tried was.
    I downgraded console to 4.2.0-9U with gateway menu. To try to update again to 9.2 to see if fix the problem, but when in 4.2.0-9U anything i tried to use in Console Settings, crash the console with same error. So i updated again to 9.2.0-9U with Smash Bross Cartridge. But didnt solve the problem about games, but solved about console Settings back to normal.

Last edited by Redirr, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I just wanna know if i can fix this with something inside the Luma3DS or anything like that.

Since its really a device or software fault

3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Have you replaced Luma with rxTools 3.0 b2 or ReiNAND or CakesFW or other compatible ones?

Your problem sounds like a NAND instability.
    If changing CFW does not work, you should use Decrypt9 to dump CTRNAND from SysNAND -> Mount it with OSFmount & disable read-only -> Defrag CTRNAND -> Restore defragged CTRNAND to SysNAND -> Recreate EmuNAND

Last edited by MelonGx, Jul 1, 2016
    Redirr likes this.
  4. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Have you ever used rxTools? Some of the Tools can fragment the NAND.
    Is the hardware itself fine?
    Are you sure it isn't a Developer/Demo Display system? I know you said it's new but still.

Redirr likes this.
  5. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    Sounds like you need to defrag the NAND.

Redirr likes this.
  6. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Well its my update.

I Downgrade again console. And again i could not acess nothing inside system settings becouse its crash.
    So i update again to 9.2.0-9U and downgraded again withtou install nvram.

So now i could open something like profile. But crash any momento.
    But was anought to boot sysnand and install Sysupdater. And now i could update to SYSNAND 9.2.0.20U
    But didnt solve nothing. Cant play games anyway.

Thank you for trying to help me out. Well do you have a tutorial for that? Because i didnt understand verywell....

EDIT : OK!!! I'm dumping CTRNAND with last ver. of Decrypt9.
    I found a thread about Defrag and osfmount. i'll try and post results.

Its no devo or developer. I run rxtools but didnt fing nothing that i could use. Do you have a tutorial for me?

How i do that?
    defrag?

I will keep trying know i'll use all you says!

Last edited by Redirr, Jul 5, 2016
  7. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Well. I did it. I backup CTRNAND, mount with uncheck read only. Used Defraggler. Found something says 8%.
    Set read only again, closed software. I did all again but this time 0%. So evething done here.

I restored it. But didnt solve. I even formated console.

Well people PLEASE, give me ideas. A brand NEw 3DS XL cant run 3DS games..

I tried a R4 and played very well DS games. So no luck with 3DS.

Any advice?

Last edited by Redirr, Jul 5, 2016
  8. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Sounds like something only Nintendo can solve as this is likely a defective console.
    You may need to send it in, but first: install a9lh ShadowNAND and don't send in an SD Card.

Redirr likes this.
  9. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I wouldn't say it's a nand error. For me it reads like a hardware error. If I would guess I'd say it's a RAM issue since it happens almost at all apps and it happens randomly especially when a scene is loaded. NAND errors would crash the system at specific points and not randomly like this.

Since the console is new I wouldn't bother anymore and return it. You shouldn't have mess around with it. When the console can't play original gamecards, then you can rule out cfw as a culprit :)

Last edited by GothicIII, Jul 5, 2016
    Redirr likes this.
  10. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I can't send it back. I'm Brazil, if i send it to Nintendo i'll pay a lot of tax e shipping for go and back. Store where i got it sent me it with no warranty. So cant be return...

Well i think we lost it.

It's only happens with 3DS GAMES. Only time its happens with app or system was when i downgraded to 4.2. But after got 9.2 nothing crash again.

In game, only crash when gameplay will start.

Funny thing i tested Cubic Ninja and its works kkkk I'll try another game using Sky3DS. But i tested a lot of original cart and .cia and everything crash.

I tested too
    DS Games : Works
    Pico Drive and catsfc with roms and works.
    I tried GBA VC but i cant get it works with that black screen.

I'll try another stuff like nes VC, DSiware etc.

I cant sent it back, there is no store warranty and impossible to send it to Nintendo.

11. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Then I would say you need to live with it or buy a new mainboard (which cost around 50$+) and change it yourself/let it change.

A 3ds mainboard holds all critical components: cpu gpu nand ram

If any of these are somehow broken, replacing it will fix the system.

Next time don't buy a system in a shop without return policy.

Last edited by GothicIII, Jul 5, 2016