Homebrew Old3ds I have a question about Reinstalling RxTools and installing RxTools Nightlys build.

ShyPlox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys so while I was trying to cold boot I ended up copying RxTools V3.0 to my Sd card when I already had RxTools V2.6, I did this because I needed to get the folder for RXTools and the Sys folder with in it, after doing this the coldboot works but it installs V3.0 and then boots normally to Emunand,if I boot using sysnand it installs V2.6, if I coldboot after it will install V3.0, How can I fix this ? I don't want to brick my old 3ds if this keeps happening and I also heard V3.0 can brick easier so should I be worried?

D

Deleted-236924

cfw will never brick your 3ds because it doesn't install anything to nand.
Only time things are installed to nand is if you personally go and mess with nand, install or delete things.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw will never brick your 3ds because it doesn't install anything to nand.
Only time things are installed to nand is if you personally go and mess with nand, install or delete things.
I think he's referring to how some people have claimed to have had bricks from the tools in rxtools that DO write to nand such as H&S sysnand injection.
Later versions would have more tools, thus I see the train of thought of it being more "dangerous"

Also "cfw" can boot to sysnand and that would be on nand.

Last edited by jaksy,
D

Deleted-236924

I think he's referring to how some people have claimed to have had bricks from the tools in rxtools that DO write to nand such as H&S sysnand injection.
That's true, rxtools H&S injection does direct fat writes to nand which can fragment it. 3DS nand was never meant to be fragmented so if it gets fragmented, you may run into problems. Might possibly brick if you do it enough times and it fragments too much? idk.

ShyPlox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, rxtools H&S injection does direct fat writes to nand which can fragment it. 3DS nand was never meant to be fragmented so if it gets fragmented, you may run into problems. Might possibly brick if you do it enough times and it fragments too much? idk.
I only did that on my Emunand 2 times because I had to format it to re link my nnid, but mostly want to know how I can safely remove RxTools and reinstall RxTools Nightlys build because it comes with coldboot

D

Deleted-236924

I only did that on my Emunand 2 times because I had to format it to re link my nnid, but mostly want to know how I can safely remove RxTools and reinstall RxTools Nightlys build because it comes with coldboot
It's not really a problem doing it to emunand, because if emunand gets corrupted somehow you can always recover, the 3DS isn't bricked.
Also you dont need to re-inject FBI if you system format, FBI is in nand inside the H&S app. Only way it'll go way is if you restore the original FBI app, or if you updated firmware and it replaced H&S app with a newer version.

ShyPlox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a problem doing it to emunand, because if emunand gets corrupted somehow you can always recover, the 3DS isn't bricked.
Also you dont need to re-inject FBI if you system format, FBI is in nand inside the H&S app. Only way it'll go way is if you restore the original FBI app, or if you updated firmware and it replaced H&S app with a newer version.
Yea I remmber I did update my Emunand and fbi stopped working so that's what happend lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat