Hacking old3ds 11.3 emuNAND Luma not starting

Mdes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Friend gave me his 3ds, its using menuhax and luma on emunand.
I updated the emuNAND to 11.3, now im getting a blackscreen when launching luma. :(

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, talk about old entrypoints. Are you sure you only updated emunand and not sysnand? Which version of Luma are you using? If you don't know the answer to any of those questions, you shouldn't be messing around with this stuff to begin with.

Everyone else will reply with "BRAH, if you're using menuhax then sysnand must be on 11.2 or lower, right? So why not just A9LH it!?!?!". I also recommend A9LH but not to fix your problem, just in general.

Mdes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, talk about old entrypoints. Are you sure you only updated emunand and not sysnand? Which version of Luma are you using? If you don't know the answer to any of those questions, you shouldn't be messing around with this stuff to begin with.

Everyone else will reply with "BRAH, if you're using menuhax then sysnand must be on 11.2 or lower, right? So why not just A9LH it!?!?!". I also recommend A9LH but not to fix your problem, just in general.
No, SysNAND is on 9.2 and I think Luma was on 6.6.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: added info about nightlies

akd

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Same problem here. sysNAND 6.2.0-4E, browserhax by RXtools, and afteru update emunand to 11.3 blackscreen

Mdes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases. Extract and replace files on your SD card. I'd recommend to do the Luma config again if you are unsure.

Edit: There are some issues with 11.3, such as stuttering in some games. You could use the latest nightly, http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/, but I always recommend using the latest stable from the previous link.
But there are no luma folders in these releases. I dont know how to replace the files.

akd

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You'll have to describe what you did if you want help

I have downloaded Luma3DS and trying to install it:
  • Always copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the SD. You don't need to do anything else if you're using ARM9LoaderHax.
    • If you're using menuhax/browserhax/any other *hax that displays the Homebrew Launcher, also copy the contents of the hax folder to the root of the SD.

• And now if I want to boot luma3DS by browserhax i got an error "an error has occurred Please save your data..."

akd

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How are you booting rxTools? You need different files depending how you do it. Does browserhax boot you into it directly or do you go via the homebrew launcher?
what other files? I have try to copied all the files from luma3ds.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How are you booting rxTools? You need different files depending how you do it. Does browserhax boot you into it directly or do you go via the homebrew launcher?
RXtools booting correctly. browserhax boot me via homebrew launcher

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what other files? I have try to copied all the files from luma3ds.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

RXtools booting correctly. browserhax boot me via homebrew launcher
So when you go into the homebrew launcher, it starts correctly, but then when you select Luma, it crashes? Maybe having all the files is a bad idea, you should read https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade carefully and only have the files you need. And also delete the rxTools files (or just move them off the card to your PC temporarily), and boot.3dsx, and get a fresh boot.3dsx from smealum's site so that you have the most up to date one.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi