keelbyking71

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running 3.4e Softmodded early 2009

Hello,

I soft modded my wii last year with very little problems. I am struggling though to play some of the newer backup games and can't update the shopping channel to install BBC I-player.

Would it be possible to start from where I am and use Doggeggs guide to get me up to date?

Thanks in advance

keelbyking71

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
The Simplistic Mod works for all Wiis and can help you get up-to-date on anything. Try that first.

Thanks Szalkow,

Am I able to start from scratch though with this mod? i.e will it overwrite the Twilight Hack I have at the moment without causing any bricks/problems?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keelbyking71 said:
Szalkow said:
The Simplistic Mod works for all Wiis and can help you get up-to-date on anything. Try that first.

Thanks Szalkow,

Am I able to start from scratch though with this mod? i.e will it overwrite the Twilight Hack I have at the moment without causing any bricks/problems?
The guide should overwrite without problems. You don't need the Twilight Hack anyway

keelbyking71

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
keelbyking71 said:
Szalkow said:

Thanks Szalkow,

The guide should overwrite without problems. You don't need the Twilight Hack anyway

Thanks

I was concerned because I read this below:

Apparently Waninkoko's 4.0 updater now grabs the latest IOS60 automatically which is a stub so if you don't have an IOS60 previously installed and you use Waninkoko's updater to update, it will brick you. So avoid using that to update now.

I wasn't sure whether it was better to go back to an unmodded state first.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
keelbyking71 said:
Thanks

I was concerned because I read this below:

Apparently Waninkoko's 4.0 updater now grabs the latest IOS60 automatically which is a stub so if you don't have an IOS60 previously installed and you use Waninkoko's updater to update, it will brick you. So avoid using that to update now.

I wasn't sure whether it was better to go back to an unmodded state first.
The guide doesn't use the Updater (it updates another way), so it's safe
wink.gif

keelbyking71

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let you all know. I got everything working last night thanks to you guys. Had a little trouble with the shop channel but discovered through forum members that I was missing IOS61.

Thanks again!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1