Hacking Old R4i-sdhc (non 1.4)(www.r4i-sdhc.com version) not working stuck on

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My r4i is dying on me. It keeps getting stuck on loading no matter what And It's the right version if the box says www.r4i-sdhc.com. Then thats where I download it
BTW this is the old R4i witch doesnt work on the 1.4v of DSi. SO I dont know what to do I try these methods

1. Formated everything (Using the panasonic formatter)
2. Deleted the R4i.SAV, Used to work but not anymore
3. blowing everything (SDcard slot, game solt, etc)

Nothing works some of these methods do work but not anymore, I dont know what to do
BTW if you must know it's a Transcend microSDHC Class 6 8gb
And the version of the R4i is 1.09b
So yeah if theres any other methods please tell me

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Is it not working for one game? or all games?

If it's really dying, then might want to buy an AceKard2

One game? Hell I cant even access the menu. How do I fix this?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you been to the website? I see you card is v1.09. Have you tried to update it? They are at 1.12b now. You could also try formatting to fat16 or use a micro SD (not SDHC) card.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
Have you been to the website? I see you card is v1.09. Have you tried to update it? They are at 1.12b now. You could also try formatting to fat16 or use a micro SD (not SDHC) card.
Have you read his post? He says he has the old R4i SDHC, the one without the 1.4 logo. The highest official firmware that works on that is v1.09b.

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
hundshamer said:
Have you read his post? He says he has the old R4i SDHC, the one without the 1.4 logo. The highest official firmware that works on that is v1.09b.

So what do you think I should do right now? Acekard2i isnt coming until like a month or 2 (lol worst time to buy at dealextreme is at chrismas xD) But I still want to play my games. So is there any way to fix this?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gif1.gif

O.K. My bad. I went to the site and I have the R4-SDHC (without the "i"), so I can use 1.12b.
yay.gif

gif1.jpg

You're right the R4"i"-SDHC can only run 1.09b. I did read the post just missed the "i" in R4i-SDHC somehow
wacko.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
step29 said:
So what do you think I should do right now? Acekard2i isnt coming until like a month or 2 (lol worst time to buy at dealextreme is at chrismas xD) But I still want to play my games. So is there any way to fix this?
Could be contact issues. Have you tried the paper trick?

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
step29 said:
Could be contact issues. Have you tried the paper trick?

contact issues? I can boot it up fine. It's just that when I boot up the R4 it gets stuck on loading. No matter how much I format it.

Anyways I used the method. No luck. I also tryed doing it on the microSD too. Still no luck

archie120

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried the 1.12b firmware as I had the same problem with firmware 1.09 with the card stuck on loading but putting 1.12b on the card solved my problem

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
archie120 said:
have you tried the 1.12b firmware as I had the same problem with firmware 1.09 with the card stuck on loading but putting 1.12b on the card solved my problem

i cant actually agree with that, My card i THINK is the same as the original posters, its the one without the i, and if he can infact upgrade it to 1.12b, then he should, its what im using and it works fine, BUT 1.09 didnt have problems for me, so i am unabe to confirm this, But Yes, if your able, try upgrading to 1.12b.
The old ones can do it to (Ones with out the i)
And also, nice to see you posting again Injected, you kinda disappeared for awhile O_O

Edit: /facepalms, Properly read now, Your using a R4i card, so you cant update it higher... im actually unsure of what to do, you can try deleting everything of it, and re put the firmware on, which you have already done or even try an OLDER version of firmware, idk though

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
archie120 said:

i cant actually agree with that, My card i THINK is the same as the original posters, its the one without the i, and if he can infact upgrade it to 1.12b, then he should, its what im using and it works fine, BUT 1.09 didnt have problems for me, so i am unabe to confirm this, But Yes, if your able, try upgrading to 1.12b.
The old ones can do it to (Ones with out the i)
And also, nice to see you posting again Injected, you kinda disappeared for awhile O_O

Edit: /facepalms, Properly read now, Your using a R4i card, so you cant update it higher... im actually unsure of what to do, you can try deleting everything of it, and re put the firmware on, which you have already done or even try an OLDER version of firmware, idk though

Try using a older version eh........ Hmm.... I cant really find it on google. Or on the website Is there a download link somewhere?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Umm i can try find you a older frimware OFF r4i-sdhc.com
ill post in a moment
Edit: i sent off a email to them requesting an older kernal, lets she if they can get it. It'll be up probably tomorrow sometime

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW i have tryed 1.08b, No luck =( Is this card dead?

Posts merged

BTW i have tryed 1.08b, No luck =( Is this card dead?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sounds like it is possibly dead, considering you reformated it and it did nothing, I cant remember , but did you try a New SD? Does the SD work on other things? Or just not the card?
Otherwise yeah, it sounds dead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.