Hacking Old r4i-sdhc non 1.4 newer games fix....

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pujos said:
QUOTE said:
And you see DSTT at the top screen? Really? Weird. The first icon simply takes me to the official firmware browser.
And in the official browser I choose DSTT.nds and then I have the DSTT menu. It doesn't work when I choose the middle icon.

pujos go into your r4imenu folder open the multimedia.ini file in notepad erase what you see
the type TTMENU.NDS.... save the file then try again this will make it so you dont have to
select game then load TTMENU.NDS each time but hey if your fine with that good the thing
that matters that it's working for you......

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Pujos said:
QUOTE said:
And you see DSTT at the top screen? Really? Weird. The first icon simply takes me to the official firmware browser.
And in the official browser I choose DSTT.nds and then I have the DSTT menu. It doesn't work when I choose the middle icon.

pujos go into your r4imenu folder open the multimedia.ini file in notepad erase what you see
the type TTMENU.NDS.... save the file then try again this will make it so you dont have to
select game then load TTMENU.NDS each time but hey if your fine with that good the thing
that matters that it's working for you......

another note make sure all those TTMENU files and folders are in the root of the sd-card and
your games are inside a folder called games....

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
GameWinner said:
can you upload it again because i can't seem to download it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKEWZYK0

same thing new link and Gamewinner you were on my last thread so you should
have it easy all you have to do is replace the TTMENU files and folders on your
sd-card.... GoodLuck
thanks it worked on my first try

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I got The newest DSTT kernal (1.17a12) running on my R4-SDHC (from r4i-sdhc.com) by downloading it from this thread. All I had to do was open it with Winrar extract everything in the "English" folder to the root of my SD card. I then renamed "TTMENU.DAT" to "TTMENU.NDS" and edited "multimedia.ini" as gisel213 stated earlier (open it with notepad, erase everything, type "TTMENU.NDS" without quotes, and saved).

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
OK. I got The newest DSTT kernal (1.17a12) running on my R4-SDHC (from r4i-sdhc.com) by downloading it from this thread. All I had to do was open it with Winrar extract everything in the "English" folder to the root of my SD card. I then renamed "TTMENU.DAT" to "TTMENU.NDS" and edited "multimedia.ini" as gisel213 stated earlier (open it with notepad, erase everything, type "TTMENU.NDS" without quotes, and saved).

Very good but if you dont put another TTMENU.DAT file in the root of your sdcard you will not be able
to soft reset to load another game quickly instead of rebooting each time.. Glad to see you got it running
and as always happy gaming...
gbasp.gif

Gh0zT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an R4iSDHC v1.4 from (r4isdhc.com) and I can't seem to get this to work probably on my card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download TTMenu from this thread. Open it with Winrar extract everything in the "English" folder to the root of your SD card. Make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" and rename the copy to "TTMENU.NDS." Then edit "multimedia.ini" by opening it with notepad, erase everything, type "TTMENU.NDS" without quotes, and save. That is how I got TTMenu to launch from my R4. I had a chance to test the YSMenu combined with DSTT 1.17a12 (TTMenu) but I prefer TTMenu without YSMenu.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
Using the BLISS scdsone_bootloader_080324 (TTMENU.NDS crc32:e6a6c395)
copy TTMENU.NDS, ysmenu.nds to tf, and rename ysmenu.nds to ttmenu.dat.
run ttmenu.nds in r4i 1.09b kernel.
You can run directly YSMENU.

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niu said:

whoa interesting more fixes for the unsupported cards the better
gbasp.gif

may give it a shot just 4 fun all these flashcarts must loopholes!!!!!

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this card, I'm going to try this out tomorrow.

Questions before I do. I was wondering if I need to format/erase my sd card before installing this menu?

Do I need the r4i menu from www.r4i-sdhc.com first as well?

Thanks. Sorry for the questions.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to format, but it wouldn't hurt.

And yes, you need the official firmware too so you can start the DSTT one from it, like a regular .nds file or from the middle button. Unfortunately it can't be made to start automatically. Unless someone has any idea if the official firmware can be set to start a file automatically after booting up.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niu said:

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but couldn't you skip the renaming, load YSmenu as normal, and set the multimedia.ini file to load YSMENU.NDS instead?

Mind you, I haven't tried it yet. I got the TTMenu version working last night. I've only recently got this card (hand-me-down from a friend who upgraded her DSi firmware and had to get a new card) so I don't really know all the tricks on it yet. It may be unsupported, but it's still better than the DS-X that I've been using... ^_^;;

maddpiratekidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its working but im wondering if you can make it autoboot the DSST

the normal firmware is garbage, why even bother having too boot through it, cut out the middle man.

Im not a programmer, i really don't know if its even feesable, possible it would save time.

(already tried renaming the TTMENU.dat to r4.dat that didnt work, so yeah...)

DR_HAMMER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for this package, "Rabbits Go Home" and "Mario and Luigi Bowser Inside Story" work now.

The only game that doesn't start is "James Camrons: Avatar". Has anyone managed it to work with this card (old R4I-SDHC non 1.4)?

---

EDIT:

It's solved...

1. I used the updated kernel: DSTT_1.17a12.rar
2. Then I downloaded the "(U)SA 4529" version instead of "(E)UROPE 4575", because the (E) version doesn't seem to work actually.

Apathetic_Discord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right Sorry For Bringing Up An Old Topic And I Dont Even Know If Ill Get A Reply But Iv Done What It Says In Your Instructions Thing But Im Stuck At The Loading Of The Firmware. I Have A Messege, It PRetty Much Says 'System Date Eorror! Please Check NDS System Date'
Iv Check The Date Of My DS To See If IT Was Wrong But Its The Current Date.
I Am Using A R4I Upgrade From The R4I Website you Listed And No It Isnt A Version 1.4 Card. Do You Know What I Could Be Doing Wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end