Old R4i not working on DSi with Unlaunch/Hiya

dsncool18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an old R4i (DS HappyBox v2.0) that doesn't support the 1.4.5 firmware of the DSi. I've read that Unlaunch and Hiya should be able to launch those flashcards without any limitation but mine doesn't work, it gives me a black screen. It's working fine on an old fat DS.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an old R4i (DS HappyBox v2.0) that doesn't support the 1.4.5 firmware of the DSi. I've read that Unlaunch and Hiya should be able to launch those flashcards without any limitation but mine doesn't work, it gives me a black screen. It's working fine on an old fat DS.
Please send a picture for maybe you can get it firmware upgraded with the fat DS and then install twilight menu++.

dsncool18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I already have Twilight Menu installed on the DSi.
I can't send picture at the moment as I'm on a new account and apparently this forum doesn't let me. It's the one you can find here on GBATemp's download section if you search for "R4iSDHC Happy Box V2.0". It doesn't officially support 1.4.5 (only up to 1.4.4) so I can't update it.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try this but it scares me.
Since it's probably a clone card, just don't know which card and try and error is a long list to go... I'm out of idea.
removing the shell, sometimes there's a telltale mark on the PCB to identify what's the original name of the card.
If you can find out what kernels work with it, there might be a hw identifier for it...
if you can find a fw update that works for that PCB or that kernel and HWID (kernel allone isn't fool proof, and upgrading the card FW is a oneway trip, if flashed wrong, it's gameover).
since i can't find a succes story online... don't get your hopes high.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1